« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Reading: Lancaster Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wdw

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue
Reading: Lancaster Land Rover

There don’t seem to be many forum members in my locality, but I’ll ask the question anyway: does anyone have experience of dealers in Reading and the surrounding area, please? Either as a source from which to purchase or for servicing.

Bill

Last edited by wdw on 12th Nov 2008 5:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #29293 16th Oct 2008 3:18 pm
Podcast

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

I bought my 07 XS from Basingstoke for £18k with 9,500miles on the clock & 13months old. I got them to throw in a removable towing hook, full tank etc etc. so pretty pleased, but got crap p/x on my RX8. They did try to sell me some dodgy HPI finance with an apparently very low interest rate, but with all the fees etc, it was about £500 more expensive than a simply HSBC loan where you get a re-fund if you complete all 36monthly payments & don't pay it off early.

I'm not sure I'm recommending them really but if you go in with your eyes open, you should get a good deal, I struck a deal based on HPI, then said I didn't want it so I said they had to match the deal, but i'd get my own loan...they thought about it then said OK! Thumbs Up

Post #29294 16th Oct 2008 3:28 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Only a few miles away from Bucks!! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #29295 16th Oct 2008 4:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wdw

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue
Reading: Lancaster Land Rover

Having seen some reasonably encouraging comments in the other Land Rover forums, we decided to give the local dealer a chance. So off to Lancaster Land Rover in Reading.

We dealt with Ian Reay who has been enthusiastically friendly without being pushy. Having said we were interested in a manual and probably GS, my wife and I had a test drive in a manual XS with Ian on board and two adult children in the back. He then offered a GS for the day which gave both of us the chance to try it out on familiar routes.

The upshot was that we asked Ian if he could let us know of any low mileage XS manuals and while he was about it let us know what price he could squeeze out for a new one. He came back with a broker-beating price for a new car and a silly part-exchange offer for our Vectra estate. He upped the trade-in price to something sensible (in line with my expectations) and we had a deal.

We collected the car today and all in all we have been very pleased with the whole experience. We were not pushed in any direction (or at least if we were it was very subtle), I think we convinced ourselves that if the price was right we would like the extras on the XS.

So a thank you to Ian Reay at Lancaster, Reading.

Bill

Post #30871 12th Nov 2008 5:45 pm
adrian_fl2

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tonga Green

I'm glad you had a good result with them. They would be my local dealer but failed to call me back when I called them up in April expressing interest in buying a car. So I took my biz elsewhere. I suspect it all depends on who takes the call or meets the person in the showroom. Freelander 2 TD4 HSE auto Tonga Green/Alpaca

Post #32063 27th Nov 2008 5:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1