« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Well and truely 'fed up'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Well and truely 'fed up'

ive had to be polite in the subject title but to be honest I am well and truely f Censored off with Landrover!

As many of you will know I have suffered with a knocking noise within 1 month of owning my FL2. Despite 3 trips to my local dealer they failed to fix the problem, infact all they managed to do was refix the bodykit to the back door which fell off a couple of days later! It has subsequently been to another dealer for the past 5 days and yet again the knocking noise is still there and now I have discovered with the sun shining today that I am now the proud owner of 2 dents in my bonnet - these were definately not there when I took the vehicle in as I washed it the day before and would have noticed them - will be interesting to see what the Service Manager says tomorrow - but what do I do if he denys the damage?

Post #31148 16th Nov 2008 5:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I presume you didn't walk round the car when you dropped it off Question I don't, even though i have been in the same situation as you with my old car Embarassed

I would ring and be polite to them, explain you know your car like the back of your hand due to the washing regime you have, explain that you had washed the car the day before and dried it, and the damage wasn't there at this point. and see what the reponce is, but don't expect them to hold their hands up and say it was us, especially over the phone Neutral

I took it up to the service manager, then the dealership manager, when they said it wasn't them i asked to speak to his boss, which he said he was the boss of the dealership, I explained that he does have a boss as they worked for a national company and national company will have somebody who looks after all branches and the entire network if it needs to go that high Evil or Very Mad

I think at this point he realised I would keep persevering on this till they accepted responsibility

At all times be polite, but firm in your stance that the damage was not there, ask for the dealership insurance details if they don't play ball too, and lodge a claim with them, the dealership wouldn't want there insurers knowing they 'Might' have damaged a car in their car as next years premium could go up Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31152 16th Nov 2008 6:06 pm
BFGLR2Man

Germany 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Alaska White

Had the same porblem with a Citroen many years ago. The car was having some work done on it and I collected it at 4 pm in the pouring rain. A couple of hours later when i arrived where I was going I noticed a none to small dent at the back. I knew it wasn't me as I had been with the car since I picked it up .

Then I realised if this was whay the car was tacked back in to the wall when I collected. Anyway I phoned the dealer and they denied all knowledge. I then went and saw them the next working day after work and they denied all knowledge. it was obviously fresh as the metal had not yet rusted. I gave them two choices. Either I contact Citroen UK or I would park my car to block their forecourt.

Funny old thing they repaired the car FOC.

Be firm with them. They kerbed by allloy on my FL when it was a day old, but didn't notice for a couple of weeks, so couldn't prove, but I now check the car when I collect. Sad Freelander 2.2e HSE , Privacy, Fully debadged, 19" Chrome SHadow alloys

Post #31197 17th Nov 2008 12:57 pm
shilen

Just as I thought they have tried to wriggle out of it, they will make some enquiries and contact me. Im not holding my breath! Anyway with all the problems I have had with this FL2 and the level of service from 2 dealers I have now contacted the Landrover Customer Care Team with all of the facts - lets hope they can give me a positive solution!

Post #31200 17th Nov 2008 2:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

what enquiries can they make Shocked

Going to ask the mechanic if he/she dented a car, is obviously going to lead no where, as they will obviously wouldn't say "it was me, and i didn't tell you because i thought they would not notice and i have a house and 7 kids to pay for" Big Cry

Stand firm, let them make make the cup of tea enquirey before they phone you back

Point out they obviously, would have not knowingly damaged the car, therefore they would not have been able to say it was them, and if this did occur as a dealership with customer loyalty they would have repaired the damage, BUT the damage DID occur whilst it was in there charge and THEY must sort it.

Then move on to the dealer principle

In the meantime i would have a dent removal firm look at the dent to provide a quotation, they you can say an amount that you will expect from them, or they can do it FOC Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31201 17th Nov 2008 3:25 pm
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

Dealer dented my LR2. They dropped it of at my house (at night) after a service visit and I wasn't home..

Noticed the dent the next day and they completely denied it.

Post #31202 17th Nov 2008 3:29 pm
ron burgandy

they dinted my fl2 when i took into have it serviced, it was quite a big dent, and they claimed it was there i i took it in, they are clumsey Censored who dont give a poo! they said they would repair it under goodwill. i eventually took it else where as i didnt think they could be trusted with it again 57 plate, hse stornoway grey with full bodykit, privacy glass, bi-xenon adaptive lights, clear indicators and colour coded door handles (sold now)

Post #31213 17th Nov 2008 6:59 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I always make a habit of inspecting my car before driving off from the dealer, it makes fighting with them easier if there is any damage, not that I've had that problem yet but you never know Exclamation

Post #31216 17th Nov 2008 7:57 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

shilen - Thats really bad luck Sad Hope they admit to the damage and fix it for you Neutral - But even if they do I guess you wont feel like going back there later Question

Had mine in for service today - washed it yesterday and no scrapes or dents - so when I collected it I thought of your posting and bad luck so I gave it the once over when I collected it and twice over when I got home - lucky this time just a bit dustier that when it went in Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #31219 17th Nov 2008 8:15 pm
shilen

AndyC wrote:
shilen - Thats really bad luck Sad and fix it for you Neutral - But even if they do I guess you wont feel like going back there Hope they admit to the damage later Question

Had mine in for service today - washed it yesterday and no scrapes or dents - so when I collected it I thought of your posting and bad luck so I gave it the once over when I collected it and twice over when I got home - lucky this time just a bit dustier that when it went in Whistle

No such decency the dealer rang me late afternoon to say they will not be held responsible for the damage Big Cry Big Cry - I hope I get one of their customer satisfaction questionaires in the post! Twisted Evil

Post #31233 18th Nov 2008 1:01 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Shilen - That’s really crap of them Shocked . Don’t give up, be firm with them – INSIST that they are responsible for the damage and if they don’t accept it at the desk than as Npinks says, “offer” to take it further up the system to the next boss guy. If you get nowhere with him at the very top, then write to Land Rover and explain the situation. I did just that on two issues with BMW, which resulted in the BMW importers reprimanding the dealer/service station and in turn I got a financial compensation. In your case shilen, that should be a replaced or at least repaired bonnet Thumbs Up . 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #31235 18th Nov 2008 8:02 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

This happen to me with my ute 6 months ago. Put it in for a service went to pick it up and there was a dent in my roof. They tried to say it wasnt them, but i didnt have a bar of it. But lucky after jumping up and down they repaired it. Cost them over $2000 but not my problem. To there credit the repair was perfect.

Dont let them win mate. Make them fix it.

Now i always walk around the car with the service manager. No doubts in anyones mine then.

Dorko

Post #31241 18th Nov 2008 9:13 am
ron burgandy

just a quick update regarding my dent that was caused at the lr dealrship, and i took it to an indepentant bodyshop and lr have cover the cost of the repair. i was having other work done at the time and had the dent included the total cost of my bill was £411 and lr covered £75 of the cost.

I just sent a letter to the dealership a week letter i had a cheque through the post result Thumbs Up 57 plate, hse stornoway grey with full bodykit, privacy glass, bi-xenon adaptive lights, clear indicators and colour coded door handles (sold now)

Post #32054 27th Nov 2008 5:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1