Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tiagobm

Sweden 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Stornoway Grey
SASM fault

Hello,

I have a Freelander 2, TD4_e 2010.

Basically I need your advice to decide if shall invest in more diagnostic tools or just go to the dealer, please find below the description and options in the bottom.

Problem Description and log:
1 - I had a intermitent airbag light so I replace dismounted the clockspring and the SAS (following right procedures, battery, etc)
2 - When I assembled everything again, I clear codes with icarsoft LR II and airbag is ok but I got the DSC lamp and the following codes : U0428 (invalid data received in DSC from SASM ) and U3000 (Control Module, SASM).
3 - I tried SASM calibration with icarsoft LRII, but there isn't any menu for FL2 2010, so I used Jaguar SASM calibration, but did not fix the DSC light neither the codes.
4 - After a ignition cycle I can clrear the codes withthe tool and I measures SAS angle = 180 degrees. If I move the wheel a little the measures angle change to 181 or 2, but if I turn a bit more then the DSC lamp and codes pop up again
5- I tried to rotate the SAS by 180 degrees (perhaps that was the initial cause of the problem in step 1...) by when I do so the DSC lamp and the codes do not clear in the ignition cycle.[/list]

So I see three possible options:
a) Buy Hawkeye total and try to calibrate the SASM properly (eventhough I do not know if th SAS if shifted or not...).
b) Buy Hawkeye total and also a used SASM/clockspring, try to calibrated properly and perhaps I need the dealer to code the VIN of my car in the SASM ?
c) Buy a new SASM to replace the faulty one and take the car to the dealer for calibration and coding of the VIN

Which option do you advise me to take and why ?

Many thanks in advance,
Tiago

Post #318695 3rd Mar 2017 9:49 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

No offence but firstly it may help if you re-write this not using acronyms or do with, as an example Special Air Service (SAS) and then use the acronym thereafter.

This pensioner struggles to understand modern car electrics but will never learn if it all reads like gibberish. Thud

Thank you. Yorky Bob FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #318697 3rd Mar 2017 10:04 am
tiagobm

Sweden 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Your are right Bob, thanks for the reminder, here it goes:

SAS : Steering angle Sensor
SASM : Steering angle Sensor module

/Tiago

Post #318698 3rd Mar 2017 10:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1