Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > I love driving my FL2 ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
I love driving my FL2 ....

Well its a good job I enjoy driving and especially so in my FL2, since this afternoon my odometer rolled over 10,000 miles the car is not yet 4 months old!

I've been driving for 34 years and have to say that the LR2 has given me more driving pleasure then any other car I've owned (although the 2CV does come close ... I bet you think I'm joking!)

Although I've had some problems, the car was off the road for a week at just two weeks old, and there are definitely still some electrical gremlins, the car hasn't let me down (fingers crossed it wont in future). My experience with the dealer was was most unsatisfactory, but there's something about the car that makes me forgive these downsides, such that the overall experience has been terrific.

The car ownership scheme I'm in only allows me to keep the car 30 months, but as long as the new PM doesn't stuff us too much on the cost of ownership then I'm confident I'd have another one. In fact for the very first time my wife has shown an interest in my car and is already hopeful that the next car will be an FL2 with auto box (she only drives auto), so that she too can drive it. That's a first in 24 years of married life!

The only issue I've really got is fuel consumption, it's better than I ever expected. I've just filled up this evening at 565 miles and the gauge was just about down to 1/4. I squeezed in 56 litres of Tesco's best which works out be 44.3 mpg.

Post #3131 17th May 2007 8:18 pm
Cidor

Russia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

avtur, Thumbs Up

Post #3132 17th May 2007 8:33 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Happy 10.000miles Avtur
Yes you have had problems early on but you are still happy and thats good
I bought my SE Jan 3rd and done a lot less milage but will put some on this week end, my mother in laws
90 th birthday in London(300 mile round trip), first time with this car on the M1, be interesting to see fuel
consumption! You and your LR2 have a good party! Very Happy
David David

Post #3133 17th May 2007 8:39 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Congratulations avtur. I'm not to far behind you on miles and its four months for us on 22nd May, and as you say, forget the issues, for pure driving pleasure, these cars are a dream. Whether you are giving it a good caning to wip the arse off a VW Golf and a Ford Focus on the roundabouts in Milton Keynes!!, which I did with great pleasure, cause i certainly couldn't have in Florence, the ole FL1.......or whether you are driving it sensibly, they certainly do what they say on the tin, and more. Despite my problems I wouldn't change her.....well excpet I am for the auto but thats OK.... yeh??? No regrets what so ever. Thumbs Up

Post #3163 18th May 2007 11:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1