« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Rear Parking Sensors on Constant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Rear Parking Sensors on Constant

Second time this has happened in a week. When selecting reverse the rear parking sensors sound constant as though there is something directly behind you even when there isnt. When reversed and selecting drive the sound is still there until the car reaches a speed to deactivate te PDC or i press the button on the dash. Could there be water getting into a sensor or has anyone else come up against this problem. I have tried wiping them but have had no immediate effect although most of the time they work fine.

Car is in with the stealers in just over a weeks time so will mention it then. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #30269 2nd Nov 2008 2:01 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i presume it raining aswell Thumbs Up

This has had my car in to the dealers, so many times i have lost count, at least once every month or two

It will most likely be water ingress into the connector on the bumpers, causing it to short, but could also be the wiring with maybe a short circuit in it too

I have have numerous sensors replaced, and the parking sensor module itself, but still I occassionally get the problem, not as much but always after the car has stood in rain for a period of time Rolling Eyes

They should be able to identify the faultly sensor using a hand held sensor tester, but it need to be faultly when they are looking at it, or

"NO FAULT FOUND" will be their favorite phrase Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30273 2nd Nov 2008 2:30 pm
chrispayne1958

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Had exactly the same issue with my car virtually since new. Been back to the dealers 11 times so far over the last 9 months. Reported it to Landrover customer service and they gave me £500 for all the problems. However I still have the problem (only when wet) so it will be going back in again soon.

Post #30653 9th Nov 2008 9:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

chrispayne1958 wrote:
Had exactly the same issue with my car virtually since new. Been back to the dealers 11 times so far over the last 9 months. Reported it to Land Rover customer service and they gave me £500 for all the problems. However I still have the problem (only when wet) so it will be going back in again soon.

Think its time to speak to LR customer services too Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30655 9th Nov 2008 9:28 pm
shilen

chrispayne1958 wrote:
Had exactly the same issue with my car virtually since new. Been back to the dealers 11 times so far over the last 9 months. Reported it to Land Rover customer service and they gave me £500 for all the problems. However I still have the problem (only when wet) so it will be going back in again soon.

£500???? They better get the cheque book out for me with the dissatisfaction and inconvenience that I have received from a 'soon to be named and shamed' dealership over the past 4 months!!!!

Post #30674 10th Nov 2008 11:25 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

shilen wrote:
chrispayne1958 wrote:

£500???? They better get the cheque book out for me with the dissatisfaction and inconvenience that I have received from a 'soon to be named and shamed' dealership over the past 4 months!!!!

Come on then, don't keep us in suspenders any longer.....NAME AND SHAME THEM Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #30679 10th Nov 2008 2:00 pm
shilen

[color=orange]Come on then, don't keep us in suspenders any longer.....NAME AND SHAME THEM[/color]

All in good time, as soon as my FL2 has been sorted by the other dealer this week and the facts are known I will have no hesitation!
Thumbs Up

Post #30683 10th Nov 2008 3:52 pm
Fellwanderer

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Hi - New member here,

I have just bought a 2007 freelander 2 SE TD4 from Stratstone.
I picked it up on Monday and all was hunky-dory until I was out with it in heavy rain today, went to park up and the front parking sensors through a wobbly!
They are very loud to start with - a bit too loud if you ask me but the constant high pitched tone was almost ear shattering. I could not figure it out at first as I had immediately moved away from any obstructions, I tested them again after the rain stopped and they were o/k.
Hmmm - seems like I have bought myself a few problems too!

Fellwanderer Confused

Post #30984 13th Nov 2008 11:21 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

This is the problem, too many inconsistencies ......

My car is a very early model, on the road early JAN 07 so it was built late 06.

I hope I don't live to regret saying this but I've not had any problem with my parking sensors, and I can asure you my car has been "really" wet ...

I really don't understand why my car (and high mileage at that) is not suffering this problem. surely it indicates either a build problem or maybe a problem with a batch of parts from a supplier. Something is not right in the quality management department.

Quality management systems are my business, i really am at a loss to understand how LR are letting these problems through. If their QM systems were effective then we (as customers) should not be able to see these trends ... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #31095 15th Nov 2008 7:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

November 06 and i'm having problems and my car has been very wet too Very Happy

it maybe down to where and how its parked, mine is on a driveway with it sloping nose down, so i think it possible that its the way water tracks through the body parts down the rear of the bumper and past the sensors, which let a small amount of water in, or the contacts are open to the weather and corrode

either way, what ever year it was made we shouldn't have these problems Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31109 15th Nov 2008 9:12 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Mines 18 months old now and never had any problems with the rear parking sensors although the tone does change slightly sometimes. Confused

Wonder if this is an issue if you have both front and rear sensors Question

Post #31112 15th Nov 2008 9:15 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

my front sensors have played up twice but only in a minor way for a few seconds and on dry days I might add At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31120 15th Nov 2008 11:15 pm
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

This will probably the "kiss of death" but as i have mentioned in previous posts I have since June when I purchased my 57 plate SE diesel auto I have officiated on 5 different Forest based car rallies in the Welsh forests covering a total of some 500 miles off road on Forestry Commission tracks at speeds up to 60+ mph and through mud holes etc. in mostly appalling weather and have not experienced ant problems with the parking sensors, in fact I have not experience problems of any kind with the car and if you speak to anybody in the rally fraternity they will tell you that I am not one for hanging about on or off road so there must be some very unlucky members of this forum but I suppose as members of this forum we are a quite small percentage of FKL2 owners and so there must problems out there we have not even heard about.

Bill Turner Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #31164 16th Nov 2008 9:59 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I did a separate post on this one a while back. My problem still persists. Only in the rain or after washing the car. Really annoying. Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #31208 17th Nov 2008 5:47 pm
Cupid Stunt

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Easy fix - if the rears are playing up then reverse into a brick wall at about 30 mph. Laughing

Post #31536 23rd Nov 2008 5:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1