Home > Events > Fundraiser Idea
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rogerk9

United Kingdom 
Fundraiser Idea

Click image to enlarge

Would the members here be interested in doing something for charity next year, I was thinking Royal British Legion as Help For Heroes seems to get all the publicity these days and the RBL have actually donated money to them in the past, as you probably all know what a great job the RBL does. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a Freelander relay, this could possibly take place from Lands End to John O'Groats, a group of Freelanders taking in a route of say 100 miles per group, or less, each group to contain at least 5 vehicles
Click image to enlarge

. A few little twists could be thrown in, I was thinking along the lines of a spot of fly-fishing being involved, where each group couldn't complete their leg of the relay until one of the group has caught a trout on the fly and then maybe clay shooting, where again at least one member has to shoot some clays. Doing this we could possibly add more coffers to the fund for a worthwhile cause, by getting fishery owners/clay ground owners to donate the cost to the fundraising. Each group would have a designated fund handler, with the total amount going to 1 person to donate as a total to the RBL. The angler/clay shooter doesn't have to be the driver and possibly along the lines of a £10 or £20 donation from each individual involved in the relay. If we wanted to add another twist, I'm sure lots here have a gundog, if not know someone with a gundog, the extra twist could be that the dog has to achieve 3 retrieves, 1 seen, 1 from water and 1 blind from land, again before the group could complete their leg. I think it would be a great way of raising money for a worthwhile cause and a lot of fun to be had along the way, with possibly a couple of crew members in each vehicle.

Post #313561 21st Dec 2016 1:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1