« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Guy Salmon - Sheffield
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red
Guy Salmon - Sheffield

My car had it's second service at GS Sheffield today. The service adviser, Joanna, was an absolute credit to the dealership, the quoted / invoiced price was very good at over £120 lower (without haggling) than the supplying dealer quoted me. All in all, a very pleasant experience in 'getting your car serviced' terms.

GS Sheffield will be my first choice next year for service number three.

Post #283130 2nd Dec 2015 7:44 pm
hirsty098

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Mother in law bought her Range Rover from there and she couldn't fault them. And for her not to complain is very rare Exclamation

Post #283135 2nd Dec 2015 7:53 pm
hirsty098

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Another big thumbs up for Guy Salmon at Sheffield. The dragon lady, Sorry mother in law Whistle Just had her RR in for 1st service and again really happy.
Already said she will be going there for new one when the time comes.

Post #296867 20th Apr 2016 6:21 pm
ReggiePerrin

One year on and have just had my 3rd service & brake fluid change at Guy Salmon, Sheffield.

Again, customer service second to none, courtesy car offered and declined in favour of being taken to and collected, at our convenience from the city centre. A really nice Jaguar something or other there and an Evoke HSE back. Impressed with both but still like my FL2.

No additional work needed and an advisory on rear pad wear (4mm left). Very happy with that and once again pleasantly impressed with Guy Salmon and the people who looked after us so well.

Strange thing... DVLA have our car as first registered to JLR in November 2013 but Land Rover has it as January 2014. Came to light when we enquired about getting its first MOT done. I wonder which is the correct one?

Post #312758 6th Dec 2016 6:41 pm
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

hirsty098 wrote:
Another big thumbs up for Guy Salmon at Sheffield. The dragon lady, Sorry mother in law Whistle Just had her RR in for 1st service and again really happy.
Already said she will be going there for new one when the time comes.

Guessing she doesn't come on here Laughing Common sense isn't very common.

Post #312770 7th Dec 2016 6:24 am
ReggiePerrin

Having started the thread to recommend Guy Salmon, Sheffield...

If it seems too good to be true it's almost certainly going to end in disappointment. I won't be going there again unless I ever want unnecessary work doing to get the car through an MoT test. (Rear discs & pads).

I always thought for urgent unnecessary work one had to go to a particular tyre and exhaust company but it seems these days, possibly in the face of declining car sales, Guy Salmon, Sheffield is providing some healthy competition.

Needless to say, the above is my personal and considered view based on recent actual experience. It does not necessarily (and nor does it purport to) reflect the views of the owner/s of this fine website.

Post #360335 12th Nov 2018 3:34 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue
Re: Guy Salmon - Sheffield

HappyNomad wrote:
My car had it's second service at GS Sheffield today. The service adviser, Joanna, was an absolute credit to the dealership, the quoted / invoiced price was very good at over �120 lower (without haggling) than the supplying dealer quoted me. All in all, a very pleasant experience in 'getting your car serviced' terms.

GS Sheffield will be my first choice next year for service number three.

Was this on the Freelander over 3 yrs old scheme? A= £275 B=£350

https://www.helstongarages.co.uk/land-rove...rs/3-plus/ 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #360336 12th Nov 2018 3:42 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

They tried charging me 65 quid for a seized rear wiper that needed a squirt of WD40.

Post #360337 12th Nov 2018 3:56 pm
ReggiePerrin

Re: Guy Salmon - Sheffield

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Was this on the Freelander over 3 yrs old scheme? A= £275 B=£350

https://www.helstongarages.co.uk/land-rove...rs/3-plus/

No... we first took the car there for its second service. Based on our experience on that occasion we took a three year service plan... years three and four were both splendid. Great customer service etc.

Year five and something haschanged... the whole thing 'felt different' from the minute we went into the place. I asked for a price on a new three year plan but a week later, that hasn't materialised - system is down or some such. Not a problem though as I won't be going back.

Post #360342 12th Nov 2018 4:54 pm
ReggiePerrin

SYFL2 wrote:
They tried charging me 65 quid for a seized rear wiper that needed a squirt of WD40.

Sadly, after this year's experience, I am not surprised... that WD40 is expensive stuff you know.

I currently have what I believe to a haldex fault for which I'll be taking the car to Bell's Engineering... Guy Salmon said that to plug the car in and confirm the fault it would be just £150. Presumably that included VAT.

Whether or not that £150 would be deducted from the final invoice if they did the work I do not know.

Post #360343 12th Nov 2018 5:01 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

they do say that the diagnostics charge of £150 (which includes VAT) for a job that only takes 10 mins, will be included in the overall cost of repair. However they probably add £200 into the overall cost anyway Whistle

don't think you can go far wrong going to Austen at Bell. Im currently trying to get my Ewok booked in for a transmission check over followed by Haldex service.

I bought my Ewok from Motordepot at Scunthorpe, and have had warranty work done by Motordepot Worksop. I really cannot fault their professionalism, attitude and customer service level.

I certainly wont be going back to a LR Main dealer to either buy or have work done in the foreseeable future. Their attidudes and customer service levels are far too low and costs too expensive

Post #360360 13th Nov 2018 9:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1