« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Leather (actually vinyl) issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MikeG

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black
Leather (actually vinyl) issues

I reported the wear marks on the side of my drivers seat to my dealer ages ago. I assumed (incorrectly) that they were going to replace the cover at some time. The side has now split (14K miles/16 months) and the dealer has now sent photographs to LR. I am expecting they will eventually replace the seat cover, but I am concerned that -
A - The upholstery isn't up to the job (fit for purpose), and isn't leather where it should be.
B - It's going to fail again.
I know I am probably going to be bounced between LR and dealer on this one, but my purchase was with the dealer and it's their responsibility I have upholstery that is fit for purpose and as described (the brochure said only the backs were vinyl).

Has anyone had this problem? Any advice?

Post #26356 28th Aug 2008 9:09 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

there has been a few issues with the seat sides before maybe not same as yours though :-
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic497.html At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #26366 28th Aug 2008 10:40 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm on bog standard seats (black fabric, whateber its called), they get hammered, to date no problem,

Because of your post I've had a close look, but they're fine.

Hope you get it sorted.

Post #26424 29th Aug 2008 4:59 pm
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hello Mike

I had the vinyl discolouration issue on the door facing side of my driver's leather faced seats mentioned elsewhere in the forum. I printed out the forum comments and presented them with the car to my dealer. Immediate answer "Let me phone LRA and get back to you" 3 hours later phone call to say LRA will replace cover under warranty. Replacement happend at next service - no problems.

Great car; shame about the ground clearance but then I bought it mainly as road going a tow car with occasional light off-road use as I keep a serious 4wd for the rough stuff. Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #26476 31st Aug 2008 8:42 am
MikeG

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black
UK Service

I had my drivers seat recovered today. I reported that the passenger side is starting to show the same wear pattern, and was told to "monitor it". I sometimes wonder if non UK dealers are more proactive in dealing with their customers problems . . . I also had the seat belt and B pillar replaced on the driver's side, but the passenger side was untouched despite showing wear (again reported when I left the car - I didn't notice until I got home) - I despair.

Post #26617 2nd Sep 2008 5:52 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

All manufacturers unfortunatly go down the leather Vinyl route these days. It is mainly down to cost and durability.

A friend of mine owns a company in Leicester called Classic Car services, he does complete leather re-trims so if you have a fault and Land Rover do not appear to be helping, maybe worrth giving him a shout.

He is going to be doing the Premium Pack leather detailing on my HSE within the next few months. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #31076 15th Nov 2008 12:31 pm
Firestar

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Must say my dealers seem very good (so far). Apparently they had noted that the B pillar wear was occurring when doing the prep for my s/h car purchase (I'd looked and they seemed OK to me).

When I went to get new locking wheel nuts and the removal tool (clown who sold it to the dealer kept the tool), they changed the seat bets and trim at the same time.

Post #31150 16th Nov 2008 5:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1