Home > Technical > Clutch Kit for Left Hand Drive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GT_Mac

Finland 
Clutch Kit for Left Hand Drive

Hi All,

I am going to change complete clutch, flywheel, slave and master cylinder on my 2007 HSE.

I can see that master cylinder is different for LHD looking at eBay. What about the rest of the components. ?

Sorry for what me an easy answer but just want to be sure before making a purchase. It's not been right for a while and so I will just change the lot and be done with it. In Finland so will order from fleabay. Cheaper than here!!

On that also is there a particular make? Good or bad. Lux are Common on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371317781050

Happy as always to hear your views.

Many Thanks
Graham

Post #310495 6th Nov 2016 11:24 pm
GT_Mac

Finland 
Clutch

Any ideas folks? Smile

Post #310569 8th Nov 2016 10:19 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I find it hard to believe that the clutch and slave cylinder needs to be different since it's all buried inside the clutch housing and why develop two sets of components?

Might be worth getting a quote from Dan at Duckworth and ask if the LHD parts are different. Given that garages quote 6 hours for a clutch change I would prefer to use the genuine parts. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #310572 8th Nov 2016 10:34 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

I've had a look in the version of the manual I have and there's no indication that there are different versions for LHD and RHD. Given the location of the slave cylinder inside the clutch housing I can't see any reason why there would be.

Post #310577 8th Nov 2016 11:14 am
GT_Mac

Finland 
Clutch

Thanks Guys,

I called LR UK this afternoon and they confirmed that LHD/RHD are the same as you both said.

Next thing is when i look for some parts there seems to be a difference with FA and LF variants.

Sure this must have been asked before. But is it in the VIN number?...Mine is like this SALFAXXXXXHXXXXXX. Do i have FA? Also my documents don't say bhp but PS. Which there are also different parts it seems. I have 160PS and 118KW on my documents so I am confused..Clutch parts seem to matter with this!!

Any help again appreciated. I don't want to order the wrong parts of course.

Graham.

Post #310602 8th Nov 2016 4:06 pm
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

PS and Kw are just different units - 160PS (pferdestarke - horsepower in German!) = 118Kw, they're the same.

In your VIN F is the model code (Freelander 2) and A is variant (non-NAS spec 4WD - this character can vary between variants so, for example, non-NAS spec 2WD would be SALFB). In the context of parts I don't know what LF would relate to (unless the old Freelander 1?).

I may be wrong but I'm not aware of different versions of clutch components for the FL2. (To be clear I'm referring here to the components within the clutch housing of the TD4, including the slave cylinder - there are different versions of, for example, the master cylinder for LHD, RHD, pre-stop/start, stop/start.)

Edit. Having looked at your eBay link I see where the LF is coming from. I have no idea what that would mean - perhaps a mistake? And the FL1 is LN.

Post #310613 8th Nov 2016 5:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1