« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Interior Lights Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
frankiepuss

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Biscay Blue
Interior Lights Problem

Hi Everybody, I'm new to this forum but I have tried looking through all postings without success before addressing the forum.
I have just bought a MY 2009 3.2 petrol HSE and am currently discussing the lack of AM radio with the selling dealer having seen all the postings on this subject.

But my question to you all is re the interior lights. I noticed that the load compartment light wasn't coming on with the others when the doors open. I investigated and removed the clear plastic housing. The bulb filament looked intact. I then realised that the cable was in the aperture so I re-connected it to the housing and bingo the bulb illuminated. I then discovered that the lights wouldn't go out. In fact when I re-disconnected the load compartment light the other lights wouldn't go off either ! So I have switched them all to off. Clearly the previous owner had deliberately disconnected the load compartment light because it wouldn't go off.

Any thoughts, clues, experiences will be very welcome.

Regards to all,

Frank Hughes

Post #303686 2nd Aug 2016 11:38 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The interior lights (inc the boot light) have a delayed switch off after the doors are closed and locked. Are you waiting long enough? 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #303697 2nd Aug 2016 4:10 pm
frankiepuss

Interior Lights Problem

OK dunkley201 it's humble pie time ! Of course I know there's a delay I thought on reading your message. But maybe I'll just go and double-check. So I went out and tried the system on again. Sure enough the lights went out. Then I re-connected the boot light and the lights went out again. When I finally locked the vehicle and waited quite a looooooong time they finally went out.

So thanks very much for posing a basic question. I have got there in the end and have cured the non-working boot light - excellent. Very Happy

Post #303702 2nd Aug 2016 6:05 pm
frankiepuss

Interior Lights Problem

OK dunkley201 it's humble pie time ! Of course I know there's a delay I thought on reading your message. But maybe I'll just go and double-check. So I went out and tried the system on again. Sure enough the lights went out. Then I re-connected the boot light and the lights went out again. When I finally locked the vehicle and waited quite a looooooong time they finally went out.

So thanks very much for posing a basic question. I have got there in the end and have cured the non-working boot light - excellent. Very Happy

Post #303703 2nd Aug 2016 6:06 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

So pleased you posted twice Laughing Don't worry, it's easily done. Pleased you are now sorted. Enjoy the car and enjoy the forum! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #303707 2nd Aug 2016 7:23 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Bingo Sherlocks but why was the cable not connected Dr Watson and that is the next question. Laughing FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #303722 2nd Aug 2016 8:21 pm
frankiepuss

Of course I'm just basking in the warm glow of success, but I DO wonder about that ! Seems unlikely it could have simply slipped apart. I'm now just waiting for the dealer to come back to me regarding the lack of AM radio...................

Post #303749 3rd Aug 2016 8:53 am
Raystrack

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Indus Silver

I have the same issue. I don't want to have to lock the car to make the boot light go out. Is there a way around this other than disconnecting the bulb? During the day I'm currently doing mods to my car and don't want the puddle lights and boot light draining the battery. FL2 2010 (Facelift) TD4 XS
Zermatt Silver

Post #304299 11th Aug 2016 10:44 am
frankiepuss

Raystrack. Yes, further to my previous postings I have discovered exactly that the boot light stays on when the car is unlocked- can't say I've noticed the puddle lights but I will check. So far I've just made a mental note to ensure I don't leave it unlocked for any length of time. This is clearly why the previous owner disconnected the thing in the first place !

Post #304313 11th Aug 2016 12:30 pm
EYorkshire

Regarding interior lights, it matters not whether you lock the car or not, the lights will extinguish after a time out unless you operate a door when it will time all over again. The boot light for instance will extinguish after time even with it open and left untouched as will the roof lights.

Post #304319 11th Aug 2016 1:48 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

x2, exactly right.
There is a pre determined time out protocall for puddle lights, interior lights, footwell lights, approach lights and they are not all the same or reliant on one another.
Ie puddle lamp for open door will stay on for extended period even though footwell and interior lights have extinguished. The door module tells the CJB the door is still open and to continue lighting whilst door is open. It's about 20 minutes. MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)