Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My first Land Rover and it's making me smile so far!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rally

United Kingdom 
My first Land Rover and it's making me smile so far!

Hi All,
I've been on here for about 6 weeks and thought I should share a picture or two of my Freelander. Having had a number of soft top sports cars over the years with tyres like elastic bands, my back has taken its toll of hard rides a few too many times. So, with three prolapsed discs and trapped nerves, it was a case of finding some comfort to drive for once. After trying out a Discovery (too tall and a climb in/jump out), an Evoque (hit my head far too easily), and an Audi Q5, I settled for a MY11 SD4 HSE in black. With the lovely light beige leather in it and the panoramic sunrooves fitted, it feels so light and airy to drive.
It had only done 25000 miles with a lady owner previously, so is as new.
So far so good with 40mpg achieved on the longer runs, I'm not complaining.

Post #301887 4th Jul 2016 3:16 pm
CliveS

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Good choice and a nice example Thumbs Up

Mind you if you really want to put a smile on your boat, you want to own a Defender for a while as well Very Happy
In fairness though they're not everyones cuppa tea, bit of a Marmite thing really Wink

Post #301888 4th Jul 2016 3:34 pm
Rally

United Kingdom 

I've driven Defenders before (Land Rovers then!) in V8 and diesel configurations, but they were customers cars and only thank goodness for a short time! I find them a bit cramped width wise and a bit harsh, although I know plenty of people who love them. Thumbs Up

Post #301932 4th Jul 2016 10:24 pm
CliveS

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Fair enough, I must admit as much as I love my 90, I bought the Freelander for the comfort and practicality, neither of which the Defender has very much of, there's just something about the Def'ner though that still makes me smile, plus it's a bit better for towing and I'm not so bothered about chucking dirty stuff or dogs in the back of it and it's definitely a bit more rugged which suits my location, particularly in the winter.

Horses for courses really and the Freelander is a very capable car, so I congratulate you on your choice of Green Oval and hope it all goes well for you. Thumbs Up

PS. I know what you mean about those awful low profile tyres, run-flats too, I've had a few myself in the past, most are enough to shake your fillings loose, getting too old for all that now, give me some 16/17" rims with nice comfy balloons on every time. Razz

Post #301985 5th Jul 2016 10:36 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1