Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > EU Referendum
How will you vote on membership of the EU?
Stay in
32%
 32%  [41]
Leave
64%
 64%  [83]
I'm not voting
0%
 0%  [1]
I'd rather not say
0%
 0%  [0]
I really do not care either way
2%
 2%  [3]
Total Votes: 128

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Not me EY. I am more concerned about the blatant corruption, elitism and lack of accountability "#gravytrain". I just posted some population density figures to put cqr's comment in to perspective. 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #291093 21st Feb 2016 11:15 am
Eurolandy

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Ditto the Doctors and E Yorkshire's statements.

Dread to think what unemployment would be like in five years if we come out with the various overseas companies threatening to either pull out of the UK or cut all investment. We don’t make and export enough as it is.

Not a fan of the Europeans for various reasons, but, I'm voting to stay in. Gone:
2002 FL1 TD4 GS Zambezi Silver
2007 FL2 TD4 GS Izmir Blue

Post #291095 21st Feb 2016 11:18 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Whilst I agree that immigration is an issue, it won't be solved by leaving the EU. For instance, are we going to send back everyone without a British Passport? London is the 6th largest French city (they even have an MP for it) with around 350,000 French citizens. Do they all go?
When you vote in a general election you are choosing on a spectrum between two ideologies. In this case it's different, we have a choice between an unknown and staying in something that will probably change over time anyway. Voting to join a trading group in 1975 was almost a no-brainer but leaving what it has become is much more complex. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #291096 21st Feb 2016 11:23 am
donksey

United Kingdom 

EYorkshire wrote:
People are making decisions on one aspect alone and thats immigration, what a blinkered opinion when the outcome has so many affects on this country.

I think it is even more blinkered not to realise that a net immigration of 340,000 per year, has many effects on this country, without taking anything else negative about the EU into account.

Post #291124 21st Feb 2016 3:21 pm
donksey

United Kingdom 

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Whilst I agree that immigration is an issue, it won't be solved by leaving the EU. For instance, are we going to send back everyone without a British Passport? London is the 6th largest French city (they even have an MP for it) with around 350,000 French citizens. Do they all go?
When you vote in a general election you are choosing on a spectrum between two ideologies. In this case it's different, we have a choice between an unknown and staying in something that will probably change over time anyway. Voting to join a trading group in 1975 was almost a no-brainer but leaving what it has become is much more complex.

We know in which direction it is changing in, we have seen it with our own eyes since 1975.
Cameron's inability to negotiate anything meaningful for us, just gives more evidence to the fact that the EU is a corrupt self serving gravy train, that is utterly unwilling to reform.

Post #291126 21st Feb 2016 3:26 pm
EYorkshire

Sensible reaction from a sensible person.

Quote:
My feeling is that countries who do not believe in the values of the EU should leave the union.

It will be better for the remaining countries, because only then can they create a real democratic, governed and socially united Europe.

I think Mr Cameron is being populist and yet he only speaks with contempt for the EU.

Britain should leave the EU for once and for all and then experience what it's like to be a lone country in a global capitalistic market place. Good luck with that.

I only feel sad for the people of the UK who will have to suffer from these decisions.

I feel the British campaign against the EU is fuelled by hate politics more than ever.

It is not a healthy position to take. Goodbye, Britain.

Post #291292 22nd Feb 2016 5:19 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

In 1975, I voted to stay in the Common Market. The original idea has eroded somewhat over the years.
I didn't expect Cameron to get much joy last week; we're a bit like a angry dog with no teeth even though Britain is one of the few members with a nuclear deterrent.
If it was a vote to stay in the Common Market as it was, I'd vote yes again.
But I'm not sure, my head says stay in the EU but my heart is in conflict. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #291314 22nd Feb 2016 7:05 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

It is so good at long last we are having a referendum. They are so rare in our country - the last one a new voting system/proportional representations.

Referendums allow every person in the country to have their say rather than those elected who refuse to consult with their electorate to define how they should vote. They vote on party political lines, the gravy train and their political career.

Post #291317 22nd Feb 2016 7:18 pm
heyho

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I actually have no idea.

I'd like to see the economic reasons for and against. Can the likes of Brazil, India, China and other up and coming countrys give us enough exports.

Post #291331 22nd Feb 2016 9:08 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Maybe many think that unlimited and unchecked immigration is going to be the ultimate ruin of this country's finite resources. I'm not against immigration, like certain other countries not in the EU, but come on, those immigrants have got to be of some benefit to the country and not a drain. My wife works in the NHS and you just would not believe the drain on that system by those recently entered the country. That's just ONE of our fast-dwindling resources. Then there's benefits, then housing, then jobs. Trouble is, NONE of the previously mentioned resources are ever used by those high in government and until they are, things will never improve. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #291338 22nd Feb 2016 9:44 pm
donksey

United Kingdom 

EYorkshire wrote:
Sensible reaction from a sensible person.
Quote:
My feeling is that countries who do not believe in the values of the EU should leave the union.

It will be better for the remaining countries, because only then can they create a real democratic, governed and socially united Europe.

I think Mr Cameron is being populist and yet he only speaks with contempt for the EU.

Britain should leave the EU for once and for all and then experience what it's like to be a lone country in a global capitalistic market place. Good luck with that.

I only feel sad for the people of the UK who will have to suffer from these decisions.

I feel the British campaign against the EU is fuelled by hate politics more than ever.

It is not a healthy position to take. Goodbye, Britain.

Yours Sincerely Tony Blair

Post #291339 22nd Feb 2016 9:49 pm
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

People complain about corruption in EU and the making of laws that bind us and I think yup just like the UK Governments of every hue. Some of the best laws in this country (that originated from EU) protect employees and what we have left of our Citizen's civil rights so undermined by Blair's lot and anyone who thinks Osborne is the common man's friend is delusional as he makes decisions that brings unadulterated misery for so many people who rely on public services in their disability or old age for example.

We elect dictatorships every 5 years - I am not convinced that is any better than EU being able to influence what happens here and those influences are simply not all bad or to our, the average citizen's, disadvantage.

I find myself looking at all the politicians and their positions on this and have to say that those who are for exit, are so far a pretty strange and oddball collection, even dear Boris who has decided to join the mob is doing so with more than half an eye on his own future having had never spoken against the EU in the past.

It is a decision that has such a huge consequence for us all and we have to rely on the British media and our politicians for information and facts (for those that even try to understand and be persuaded by the information and facts) and the influence of the great British public's often ill informed and prejudiced dislike of "immigrants" - God help us all

There is much wrong with EU but people who're not politicians with ambitions would do well to really try to find out what the advantages and disadvantages are to citizens and to make an informed decision about which way they vote and not rely on the rubbish written in newspapers.

I think I will vote to stay based on what I think I know to date but I will be taking my own advice and working hard at trying to make sure that I know as much as possible before deciding if I think it would be better for the UK to stay or to leave.

Post #291350 22nd Feb 2016 11:31 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I was watching a report on channel 4 news earlier this evening and a woman in Liverpool was asked what she thought of Boris Johnson and his stance on the EU. She said she had never heard of him. And to think that people like this have an equal vote on an issue as big as this... 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #291351 22nd Feb 2016 11:42 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

SakoQuad wrote:
Some of the best laws in this country (that originated from EU) protect employees .

True, but if we leave the EU it doesn't mean we have to give up those laws. We can keep the good ones and get rid of the bad ones. Completely OUR decisions and nobody else's. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #291353 22nd Feb 2016 11:47 pm
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

No it doesn't but I'd bet serious money that they will be scrapped in the name of employer freedoms along with other stuff like Human Rights legislation (and that is not the madness it is portrayed as by some of the media reporting what amounts to occasional abuse).

Post #291356 22nd Feb 2016 11:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>