Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > MacRae and Dick Inverness
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

MacRae and Dick Inverness

I have purchased a car from this multi dealership and gone onto having the vehicle serviced.

Would I recommend, NO!

Why? My experience with the sales procedure. It involved the salesman, sorry executive, gaining your trust, then going to the sales manager, sorry director, and giving you a price to change. Ultimately, when you express disappointment that it is less than desired, the salesman goes to the sales manager and comes away with a story that he has moved heaven and earth to get you another tenner and yes, he thinks it's worth more too. That prompts another trip to the sales managers office and another fiver. This goes on ad infinim. Needless to say, you never get to speak with the sales manager, but you do end up with a new best friend.

I also remember on one occasion, the sales manager drove away in my part exchange without a word, taking my dog with him. I hadn't given him permision!

Another time, when going for an up market car, I was treated with total distain by the salesman. I might have got more respect if I had been dressed in tweeds and brouges and had marbles in my mouth.

When taking the car in for a service, I found the prices were high and the staff unfriendly. After one service I sent in the landrover satisfaction form pointing out what I saw as faults. A few days later the service manager phoned up in an obviously foul mood, got my wife and asked her what my problem was.

The upshot of this? I take my vehicle on a 320 mile round trip to get anything done.

Post #28798 9th Oct 2008 1:04 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Sadly an all too common complaint these days......

Post #28810 9th Oct 2008 5:25 pm
Rowy

I also by-pass my local dealer, I use one 60 miles away (local dealer 3 miles away),
When ordering my FL2 in Sept 07 we went to the local dealer ready to purchace after weighing up the outlander and a few others, HEAD sales man came to us and when i mentioned the roof height in the boot (for the dog) he snapped at me that they FL2 was Higher Than FL1-incorrect, door height may be, but overall height isn't. he then mid conversation said see you both later! and walked away. then I suddenly remembered 3 years earlier with the same HEAD salesman-when we went to look at buying a FL1 04 and then he couldn't be arsed givin us more than yes/no answers befrore disapearing.
So (2004) bought the FL1 over the phone from motor point-when paying bottom dollar you don't expect great service but we got better service than from main dealer. Thumbs Up
(2007) Bought the FL2 over the phone From LLOYDS in Carlisle, placed the order within 5 minutes of leaving local dealer. They pick car up for service and deliver any parts/accesories same or next day! Thumbs Up
Maybe my local dealer only want to sell Range Rovers to the gentry?? but I spent 40 grand else where cos of one un-interested HEAD sales man.
Needless to say 09/10 When I get a RRS that'll be another 40k they've missed out on.

Rowy

Post #28863 10th Oct 2008 9:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1