Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Dealer retro-fit privacy glass?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Neil

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I had the rear 5 done through Stratstone for £350. Had the wife's Audi A3 rear 5 done locally for £200. All inc VAT.

Post #28192 26th Sep 2008 10:59 pm
GWO

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I had all the back windows (90% tint) done by a local window tinting company for £250, they do work for several local main dealerships including Land Rover (Marshalls of Peterborough). This is the second time I have used them and have no compliaments over the quality of the work. My opinion is that it improves the look plus if I should be carrying anything in the rear in hides it better from prying eyes.

Post #28193 27th Sep 2008 12:13 am
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I got a quote from a local firm in washington tyne and wear, £175 for the rear 5, I hung on for a couple of months, then when I finally got round to calling up I asked for a price again, £155 inc vat Thumbs Up
I thought there must've been a mistake as every time I said freelander 2 they called it a freelander. However, got it done price was correct and work was very proffesional, I would definately recomend them.

It is definately worth shopping around, my first quote from a localfirm was £380. The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #28231 29th Sep 2008 9:44 am
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 
Re: Dealer retro-fit privacy glass?

Podcast wrote:
Is there such a thing, I only want the back 3 windows (behind the C-Pillar) doing & wondered what the dealers charge for this? Any help appreciated ... I Know I could always ask them first but I don't want to get upset on the phone if it's £1000 Big Cry & anyway I'll get more sense out of you lot! Thumbs Up

The factory fit version doesn't use film, the actual glass is dark tinted and it looks a lot better as you don't get the extreme outer edges done with a tint as the seals are in the way. A professional film tint still looks Cool though.

Post #28243 29th Sep 2008 3:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12