Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Side tubes..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
Side tubes..

Just fitted the first of the side tubes this evening before the light faded, it looks great, adding more depth to the side profile. One thing though, I can't really see how you can use them to get a foot up etc, purely for aesthetics, as there is no way i can get my foot on the tube Question , - i'll check again tomorrow, when there is more light, but I'm sure i've pulled it out as far as it would go before tightening... I suppose the deeper side skirts on the sports kit does not help..

I'll pop some photo's up as soon as the photo upload is fixed.. Thumbs Up

Steve 2008 SE, HSE wheels, Black Premium Leather, Privacy Glass, Sports Kit, Side Steps, various LED upgrades and Clear side indicators.

Post #27753 19th Sep 2008 8:13 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I think the tubes are to stop the sills/underneath getting bashed when offroading.
The side STEPs are the things you step on?

No doubt someone will be along soon to correct me Very Happy Very Happy

Post #27755 19th Sep 2008 8:29 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Yep that's my way of thinking as well,i've had side steps fitted to my new freelander will post up new pics over the weekend. Mr. Green Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #27759 19th Sep 2008 8:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Yeah, i wasn't expecting to be able to step on them as such, just expecting a little more of the tube to be exposed when you open the door, but i think you probably would see more if you don't have the sports side skirts fitted..
Still they look great...

I was at the local landrover dealer the other day, spent 10 minutes playing with the FFRR, didn't realise until i opened the door that the side steps sweep out from under the car automatically, and sweep back when you close the door again Bow down very smart, but i suppose you've got to have some toy's for the £70k asking price! 2008 SE, HSE wheels, Black Premium Leather, Privacy Glass, Sports Kit, Side Steps, various LED upgrades and Clear side indicators.

Post #27763 19th Sep 2008 9:04 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

The tubes are listed in the accessories catalogue as Side Protection Tube Part Number LR003318 which appears to be in polished steel and also as Pt No LR003840 in black - the side steps are listed as Side Step!
Speaking from experience with my Freelander1, the tube version was very good at protecting the the sills, unfortunately I only fitted them to my car AFTER I had mangled a sill! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #27767 19th Sep 2008 9:28 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Stevea, side tubes are a god send if off roading. They sit at the same level as your exhaust pipe too. So if you are going over any creststhe tubes take the impact not your exhaust as I found out at Tong in my motor. Underside of the tubes all scorred and scuffed. Body panels and sills in perfect nick. I agree the tubes look great - check out my galleries. Thumbs Up

Post #28106 25th Sep 2008 5:34 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

if anybody wants a pair somebodys selling a used pair for

£230 Shocked on eBay Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Bargain at only £130 more than i paid for a brand new set Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #28188 26th Sep 2008 10:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1