« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > I'm starting to regret this purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red
I'm starting to regret this purchase

You'd think plopping down a significant sum of money on a car would get you some service but not in my town.

So briefly this is the deal:

Car dropped off for sunroof recall. Advised that after taking the sunroof apart that they did not have the parts and would have to bring it back another day.

I waited approximately 2 weeks because I needed the car. Although during this time the car developed and substantial power steering noise. Car dropped off and I advised them to look at power steering first so parts could be ordered while the sunroof is getting fixed. Sunroof done first along with B pillar due to the seatbelt rubbing. Power steering was looked at after and I was told that there is no noise. I asked did you test drive it and allow the fluid to warm up and I was told yes.

So I pick up the car drive for 5 minutes power steering makes a lot of noise now and is starting to lose assistance. I return to the dealer, mechanic looks at it and agrees power steering pump needs replacing and will take two days to get the part. I have doubts they drove it at all. I'm told no loan cars available you'll have to drive yours the way it is. Two days later I drop the car off.

I'm told the power steering pump and rack have been changed. Feeling glad the saga is over I have a smile on my face......... for the next 5 km. The power steering noise starts to come back. I continue driving home so I can cool down. I then decide to look over the car to see if new parts where put in. The pump and rack indeed look new although while I'm locking at the rack I notice a line of grease like someone has put grease on a stick and flung it. It seems the "mechanic" has cut the CV boot while pulling out the power steering rack.

So I ring them and told 2 weeks until loan car is available. I wonder what will be damaged next time I pick it up? Because it seems to be getting worse every time I collect it.

Post #27903 22nd Sep 2008 8:47 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I agree you must be fustrated with all this going on, but it sounds to me like the dealer is at fault, than the car

I presume there wouldn't be another dealer in your area, so i would suggest you speak with the Dealer Principle and air your views

Is there any Land Rover Assistance in Oz, in the UK they would provide you with a loan car Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #27910 22nd Sep 2008 10:22 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Sorry to hear about your problems Shocked - Having a good local dealer and service is part of the deal LR should take into consideration when putting their name on the board! Rolling Eyes
So I guess you will either find another service station, sell the back to them or move house to a town that has an acceptable LR service station Shocked Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #27911 22nd Sep 2008 10:23 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Mate,

Simliar thing happen to me with my XR6T. Took it back and was told i need to find my our transport. I hit the roof! Censored

I then got a FPV for 3 weeks whilst they fixed my car. Also i got their fuel card.

I wasnt having a bar of it. When you pay good money for any product, i expect good service.

Go straight to the dealership owner. Dont even waste your time with the service manager. no doubt that service manager is a right toss.

Also make sure they fill your tank up with fuel.

Dorko

Post #27913 22nd Sep 2008 10:31 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I find in situations like that offering to 'drive the Censored thing through their front window and letting the Censored's keep it' makes me feel better and gets my dissatisfaction across Thumbs Up

Post #27925 22nd Sep 2008 1:06 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

snappa wrote:
I find in situations like that offering to 'drive the Censored thing through their front window and letting the Censored's keep it' makes me feel better and gets my dissatisfaction across Thumbs Up

I like style! Wink

Post #27927 22nd Sep 2008 2:30 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

LR service is Censored

My drivers seat is LOOSE and the temperature guage is FAULTY but I am still expected to drive it for the next 2.5 weeks because they dont have a loan car available for me sooner!!!!

When I had my BMW, if they didnt have a loan car available they organised a hire car for me at no cost!! Good customer service, perhaps I should give LR the number for BMW for advice! Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #27934 22nd Sep 2008 3:22 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Have you tried contacting any other LR dealers in the area? Of course under the latest EU rules you could ask the BMW dealer you rate so highly to to the job (so long as they use Land Rover parts you don't infringe the warranty under the EU rules Thumbs Up )

You give your location as Birmingham..................... there must be more than 1 LR dealer in the Brum area? How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #27942 22nd Sep 2008 5:07 pm
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Tim is 100% right, you don't have to use a main dealer.

I've used my local independent ever since the introduction of block excemption to service my last 2 cars, both Mercedes and both bought new.

I get fantastic service, far cheaper than the main dealer, and they use Mercedes parts so warranty is protected.

I've only used the main dealer once and I have to say it wasn't a happy experience, they fixed the problem it went in for but it had 2 different problems when it came out!

I've aready checked and he can and will get all my service work for my FL2 when it arives in Nov. Considering the trouble I had to get a dealer interested in actually selling me a car, I sure won't be troubling them for a service! 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #27949 22nd Sep 2008 5:57 pm
djhampson

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

Have you tried going to Southside Land Rover instead of Austral? They are owned by the same company but you might get better service.

I have a contact number if you want it. 2007 TD4 SE

Post #27973 23rd Sep 2008 4:14 am
lrlr2

Germany 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Nazca Sand

back to the original issue - steering pump - what engine do you have mate?

hope things are looking up.

Post #27976 23rd Sep 2008 7:08 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That certainly sucks and not the sort of service you'd want on any vehicle, let alone a premium product. How can they call you in for a recall when they don't have the parts!!?? I think a little car service 101 lesson is required for them Shocked

Go kick ass Sievester Thumbs Up Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #28011 23rd Sep 2008 6:26 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Ring the dealer ask for Customer Service and then ask them why they have put two words together that they feel are mutually exclusive (i knew that O level Maths would come in use - draw them a Venn diagram if nead be!) 

Post #28019 23rd Sep 2008 7:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1