Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Connecting an IPOD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Dorko wrote:
Its not just you AndyC... im confused too Embarassed

Dorko

Maybe Gambba has been drinking too much of that Grey stuff Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #27367 15th Sep 2008 11:12 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

It wasn't so confusing was it Laughing

MP3's are referred to as lossy meaning that the quality is a lot less than if listening to a CD.

Lossless is a way of encoding the music so that when it is put onto an MP3 player there is no loss of quality retaining CD perfect sound, basically. Your average MP3 is 3-5MB (dependent on bit rate, length of song etc.), where as lossless files are 20-40MB (dependent on length of song etc.), which is what my whole library is made up of and is on my Ipod classic.

Any FM device has an amount of interference, which I called noise, so in order to maintain a high quality of the song I choose not to use a transmitter that by nature will reduce quality.

The direct 3.5mm connection minimises the amount of "noise", which in theory means better sound leaving the Alpine system into my ears.............I am no expert on all of this, so as I said it could all just be in my head!! Shocked Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #27369 15th Sep 2008 11:14 am
AndyC

Gambba wrote:
It wasn't so confusing was it Laughing

MP3's are referred to as lossy meaning that the quality is a lot less than if listening to a CD.

Lossless is a way of encoding the music so that when it is put onto an MP3 player there is no loss of quality retaining CD perfect sound, basically.

Any FM device has an amount of interference, which I called noise, so in order to maintain a high quality of the song I choose not to use a transmitter that by nature will reduce quality.

The direct 3.5mm connection minimises the amount of "noise", which in theory means better sound leaving the Alpine system into my ears.............but as I said I think most of this is in my head!! Shocked

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
errrrr yes Rolling Eyes - but why didnt you say that in the first time for us dCensoreds Whistle Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #27373 15th Sep 2008 11:24 am
Gambba

It appears I may well be a geek after all!!! Big Cry Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #27377 15th Sep 2008 11:59 am
AndyC

Gambba wrote:
It appears I may well be a geek after all!!! Big Cry

Was that Greek or Geek Question Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #27380 15th Sep 2008 12:06 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

LMAO Rolling with laughter

Dorko

Post #27384 15th Sep 2008 12:45 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

That Tuneflex system looks the dogs Censored . Will look well cool when I get my IPOD Touch (the new version that comes out in a couple of weeks) and have the benefit of charging it and running it directly through the AUX input! Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #27386 15th Sep 2008 1:05 pm
AndyC

shilen wrote:
That Tuneflex system looks the dogs Censored . Will look well cool when I get my IPOD Touch (the new version that comes out in a couple of weeks) and have the benefit of charging it and running it directly through the AUX input! Thumbs Up

Just to add a few comments about usage in a FL2

Maybe its OK mounting in the front socket on an Automatic FL2, But it gets in the way when changing gear on the Manuel FL2. I therefore mount my Griffin in the rear socket which is also closer for connecting to the AUX connection as well, but does mean you have to turn your head to see the iPod. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #27387 15th Sep 2008 1:21 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

So do you rate the Griffin over Belkin?

Dorko

Post #27394 15th Sep 2008 2:20 pm
Gambba

I really want the factory integrated system, but it is a lot of money and as the Prosche has no direct ipod connectivity I think it gets priority. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #27395 15th Sep 2008 2:28 pm
AndyC

Dorko wrote:
So do you rate the Griffin over Belkin?

Dorko

I would not have thought there was much difference if your going to use the AUX-cable as they look and function rather similar otherwise. The Griffin I purchased has the FM connection possibility, but I could not find enough free FM frequency here in urban Norway, to get an uninterupted signal (you need a free FM frequence to tune into). Thats why I got the AUX-cable and which works just fine. I have not tried the FM posibility at my other residence which is in a much less populated area similar to central Scotland maybe (with less active radio stations) but would expect it to function much better there.

I do not have any experiance with the Belkin. So I guess you just have to read the blurb, look at the prices and whats available to you.

Hope that helps Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #27405 15th Sep 2008 4:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12