« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > LRC 4x4 Congleton
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rangioran

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
LRC 4x4 Congleton

I recently bought a 2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 GS from LRC and just wanted to let folk know that the experience was an example in them getting EVERYTHING right.
From first contact right the way through eventual PX and purchase I felt extremely confident that every member of staff that I encountered (particularly salesman Roger Burchell, MD Mark Gibbins, Office manager Carol and Service Manager Alex Gibbins) were dedicated to providing me with a fair and equitable experience. The car was exactly as required, they fit two new tyres in order to give me four identical Pirelli's, a Land Rover factory Westfalia towbar and dedicated electrics and sorted out a split turbo hose a week after purchase whilst I waited free of charge.
In fact I'm so delighted with them that I'm taking the car back in later this week to have the underside cleaned, prepared and Waxoyled.
If I sound enthusiastic about them that's because it's extremely rare these days to find such a hard working, fair and professional team like this and they deserve all the success that they are bound to get.

Post #267155 17th Jun 2015 7:09 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

It's always good to see a post from a satisfied customer, franchised dealerships take note. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #267184 17th Jun 2015 9:09 pm
Jonathan26

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Caspian Blue

I've had LRC look after all 3 of my LRs and even bought one from them. However a recent experience means I'm not likely to return.
I enquired on the price of a replacement clutch, DMF and slave cylinder. They quoted £1150 all in, inc VAT. Thinking this was a little high I asked for a breakdown. Long story short, inc VAT they wanted £220 more than Advanced Factors just for the parts, plus £440 (PLUS VAT) labour. They wouldn't budge on the parts prices. After involving the MD Mark, they graciously offered 15% off their parts prices. I could supply my own via Advanced Factors but no warranty etc from LRC if any issues later on.
I just find it hard to accept an additional £220 over what I could get the parts for. Surely their trade supplier would be cheaper than AF ?
Perhaps AF just offer too good prices ? Nice forum sponsor. Very Happy
Looking for alternative Indie in Manchester area now ! FL2 2007 57 GS
D2 2005 Td5 - gone and not missed
FL1 2005 Td4 - gone and missed

Post #273928 27th Aug 2015 8:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1