Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Metropolis from Land Rover Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Dartman the one

England 

The registration O- indicates some form of leasing vehicle, there must be some genuine private registrations , but JLR Nissan and Audi use Oxford for lease and Hartwell is usually the supplier. the number of "O" prefixes must outnumber most other prefixes my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #272152 8th Aug 2015 9:07 pm
seadog

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Having read the previous posts, I am now a tad concerned about my recent - two weeks ago - purchase of a 64 reg Metropolis with 7800 miles on it. I was told that it was an ex-LandRover car by the salesman, and that was the reason - so he said - that it didn't have the floormats in (they take them out on LR vehicles he said) For a nine month old car the interior was scruffy to say the least when I viewed it - just signs that it hadn't been cleaned or properly looked after by one caring owner, so now after reading the earlier posts I am beginning to suspect it was a rental. (I bought a Disco II as ex LR several years ago and that by comparison was absolutely immaculate at six months old and 12000 miles.)

The dealers cleaned it up to quite a high standard and other than that everything else seems ok and the bodywork/paintwork is fine, however, it is going in tomorrow for an annoying squeak and rattle coming from behind the headlining near the volumetric alarm sensor, and a non-operational key fob - which is not the battery, it looks to have been dropped as it is chipped and scratched, a lot more than you would expect for nine months and 7000 mile use.

I haven't got the V5 from the DVLA yet so don't know who it was registered to previously and didn't think to ask the dealer after he said it was a LandRover car!

I will wait and see what happens, but after reading previous posts and after paying 31K it's not the best of starts for ownership of a vehicle I want to keep for four or five years. Mind you, as it's a LR Approved vehicle I have the 30 day / 1000 mile Conditional Vehicle Exchange Agreement if that's worth the paper it's written on!

Post #272298 10th Aug 2015 11:01 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

seadog wrote:
I was told that it was an ex-LandRover car by the salesman, and that was the reason - so he said - that it didn't have the floormats in (they take them out on LR vehicles he said)

Any Metropolis has premium carpet mats fitted at build. The 'Salesman' lied to you. Did he work for Shatstones by any chance? The 'Salesmen' are known to remove items like Service Portfolios/Handbooks/Mats etc and sell them privately on eBay. It's a practice that has been going on for years.

I would push for a replacement key fob, and demand the mats that the vehicle left Halewood with. Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #272309 10th Aug 2015 11:48 am
seadog

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Hi Badger1970, oh I know that it left the factory with mats, and after pushing, got some free rubber ones that I'll use for winter and have reluctantly bought some carpet mats which I will use for summer.

On the subject of the key fob, having a car with only one set of keys is totally unacceptable so if they will have to sort that out or they can have the car back.

Then I've just got to see about a spare wheel and jack as I'm not too fond of the compressor/repair outfit.............

Post #272318 10th Aug 2015 1:36 pm
Metropolis

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Badger1970 wrote:
...that the vehicle left Halewood with.

Slightly off topic but, whilst foraging Badger, did you discover if Halewood had any form of "last Freely off the Production Line" event/picture?

Post #272319 10th Aug 2015 1:40 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

My previous 2 FL2's were both leased from a private leasing company so would come up on the V5 as a company as the first owner. However I was the only driver and both were treated as though they were my own - well looked after and maintained at any cost. When the leases ran out the driver who collected said they go straight to BCA, both ended up at LR dealers and unsurprisingly both sold with a week or so. The first (Rimini Red) was a cracking buy for someone, the second (Bali Blue) whilst being in superb condition would give someone a headache as I suffered several trips to the dealer in its third year - however this relates in no way to the fact that it was an ex-lease car it was just that it was s Censored t;! Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #272325 10th Aug 2015 2:36 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Dartman the one wrote:
The registration O- indicates some form of leasing vehicle, there must be some genuine private registrations , but JLR Nissan and Audi use Oxford for lease and Hartwell is usually the supplier. the number of "O" prefixes must outnumber most other prefixes

My first FL2 started with an 'A', the second started with an 'L' - both lease vehicles. Many lease companies have a dealer that they use to supply the vehicles, my first was from Peterborough, the second from Guildford. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #272327 10th Aug 2015 2:40 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Metropolis wrote:
Badger1970 wrote:
...that the vehicle left Halewood with.

Slightly off topic but, whilst foraging Badger, did you discover if Halewood had any form of "last Freely off the Production Line" event/picture?

Not to my knowledge, no. (sadly)

I did glean this from LRO:

The final Freelander was an Aintree Green Metropolis spec example that left the Halewood factory to a low-key internal celebratory send-off, and will be displayed at the Heritage Motor Centre museum in Gaydon. (7th October 2014) Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #272340 10th Aug 2015 5:00 pm
Metropolis

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Apparently Freelander production ceased on 7th October 2014.

Quote:
The final Freelander was an Aintree Green Metropolis spec example that left the Halewood factory to a low-key internal celebratory send-off, and will be displayed at the Heritage Motor Centre museum in Gaydon.

Post #272343 10th Aug 2015 5:20 pm
Tulgey

I am still looking........... Shocked

I think I will find the right one this week!

Post #272373 10th Aug 2015 9:41 pm
Scientist

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Mine is a Metropolis, probably from the same dealer. It is my third Freelander and in between times I had an Evoque which was inferior. I find the Freelander to provide excellent long range visibility on the motorway. I drive 300 miles a week to get to work and back mostly on Motorway. The high up driving position is great and again in my opinion much better than the a Evoque. I do use a local garage who are ex Landrover technicians and are always good for advice. They are a a Landrover approved garage. Freelander 2 Metropolis 64 in Loire Blue with Ivory Windsor Leather. Previously Range Rover Evoque PureTech for 3weeks. Freelander2 XS and Freelander2 S.

Post #272451 11th Aug 2015 6:18 pm
Tulgey

Found another one...........registered keeper...Jaguar Landrover Ltd.

From Marshalls

A very nice buying experience.

Post #272554 13th Aug 2015 12:10 am
Scientist

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Good to hear you have found a car and had a good buying experience. I have found it useful to read through the discussions on people's experience of buying a metropolis. I am very pleased with mine coming up to two months ownership. Just booked the off-road experience at Skipton. Has anyone been? Freelander 2 Metropolis 64 in Loire Blue with Ivory Windsor Leather. Previously Range Rover Evoque PureTech for 3weeks. Freelander2 XS and Freelander2 S.

Post #272647 13th Aug 2015 10:52 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Maybe just me but whenever I hear the word 'Metropolis' my mind keeps seeing that fugly taxi from years ago called the Metrocab. They look a bit like an FL2 as well. Laughing Do the FL's have a 'Metropolis' badge on the back?

Post #272654 14th Aug 2015 6:34 am
Tulgey

Plenty of those still about!

I think you will find a thread on here about the metropolis badge.

Post #272659 14th Aug 2015 7:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>