« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting side steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey
Fitting side steps

Just wondering how easy it is to fit the side steps on a freelander main dealers want £600 to supply and fit i can get these off ebay for less than £300.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...TQ:GB:1123 Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #27071 10th Sep 2008 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

CG did his side tubes

and my dealer only charged an hours labour (£68 ) to fit the ones i bought on eBay for £100

As long as they are OEM they shouldn't be bothered if you provide the steps

Though remember any options fitted with 1000 miles of car been brand new will get the 3 years warranty too on them, might be worth checking if eBay OEM parts get this cover Confused

also get a comparison price from "the Large One" on Disco3 as he is the parts manager at Yoevil Landrover (call them mention the forum) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Last edited by npinks on 10th Sep 2008 9:05 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #27074 10th Sep 2008 8:58 pm
Barton Freelander

Ok thanks for the heads up on these i will consider all options before i buy the ebay ones. Thumbs Up Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Post #27075 10th Sep 2008 9:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

easy job really, more fiddly replacing the plastic trim than technical. The ebay ad doesn't mention rivnuts which I need to fit for the side steps

read:- http://www.freel2.com/forum/post14971.html#14971

prehaps this topic should be a sticky too mr pink? ( the one in the link?) At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #27078 10th Sep 2008 10:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Whistle Your wish is my command Lord Chicken Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #27087 10th Sep 2008 10:36 pm
Barton Freelander

Think i'm going to ask the dealer if they would fit ebays one for me they can only say no. Very Happy one of the lads might fancy doing it in his lunch hour for a cash job,as you said i might need a rivtool so it looks out of the question for me now. Sad Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Post #27091 10th Sep 2008 10:51 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

side steps look good and gr8 for the Mrs but I find they get in the way. At 6" I don't want to stand on them to get out or I'll bang my head, so I have to step over them to reach the floor which can be tricky. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #27178 12th Sep 2008 1:30 pm
Barton Freelander

Ordered some off The Large One from DISCO3 Forun now thanks for the tip npinks Thumbs Up having them fitted next Thursday at the dealers proir to me collecting the motor next Saturday. Very Happy Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Post #27180 12th Sep 2008 3:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1