Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > improve radio reception to dab motion unit as sounds crackly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue
improve radio reception to dab motion unit as sounds crackly

Got a few questions regarding the Ariel connection to the freelanders premium stereo connection.
1) is it a ISO or din connection to radio
2) I think I need a Hirschman to ? Depending on which stereo connection extension lead to go to radio.
3) would disconnecting the OEM glass Ariel and using the roof Ariel improve the reception?

Post #269617 15th Jul 2015 9:02 am
turboextreme

My FM glass mounted aerial has now completely failed I am just about to run a cable from my roof mounted aerial with a Hirschman to iso aerial cable but cant connect this to the radio as the unit seams to what looks like a male falkra connection so I will be ordering a female falkra to din adaptor if that's correct. Confused

Post #269835 17th Jul 2015 11:28 am
turboextreme

Fitted my cables and aerial adaptor to the back of the cd multi changer and wow what a difference in the radio reception, Mr. Green Picked up Pirate FM From Ashburton which is broadcast over 25 miles away. I also have a perfect Dab signal from my Dab motion. Thumbs Up

When I was fitting the aerial cable I noticed that I have the wiring for the rear boot Piller mounted speakers are these connections live or do the Hse spec have a bigger amplifier or something different from the Xs specification.

Falkra Adaptor Kit CT27FM02 connects 2 is the adaptor I fitted to use my fitted roof aerial

Post #270055 19th Jul 2015 3:09 pm
atlas

Romania 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Could you please give more details ? Is this an in-line amplifier, or a different external antenna have been used to improve radio reception ?

Thanks.

Post #270214 21st Jul 2015 3:23 pm
Solly619

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Ipanema Sand

Are you talking about the gps pod at the back? 2010 XS Part Leather, Side Steps, Retro fitted 2014 Halogens with DRL & Sig Strip, tinted rear windows (looks much better!) 2 front dash speaker fitted, big improvement! Dash Cam, Full side moulding kit and centre cubby box and soon to be Dab Smile

Post #270233 21st Jul 2015 11:27 pm
turboextreme

Sorry should have added more detail. Rolling Eyes
Last year I Fitted a Jvc Hal -2 Bee sting aerial to my roof where most of you would have the GPS shark fin aerial, My car didn't have this so I Drilled the 18.5 mm hole required in the centre of the rear of the roof This required careful measuring to get it spot on.
The Jvc aerial comes with a 7m Dab cable with a Smb fitted to the end which I routed through the roof lining to the front of the car. I cheated by feeding a long piece of fencing wire through the liner with 2 pieces of string attached I then removed the wire when the string is at the windscreen end so I could then use the string to pull the cable through to the front and feed down to the rear of the Radio. I didn't fit the FM Lead as the device worked with the Oem glass aerial at the time of fitting.
I have a Tom Tom Start 60 fitted in the area where the pocket is mounted by a fabricated mount which I made using a 3d printer at my local school as I know the head of technology.
I fitted my Dab motion module to the large cavity below where the oem sat nav speaker would be fitted.
The new FM cable I recently fitted runs from the bee sting aerial to the radio which plugs in the back of the cd multi changer unit with the falkra adaptor.

Post #270235 22nd Jul 2015 7:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1