Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting Kenwood DNX8220BT Multimedia/Navigation system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gorjant

Macedonia 
Fitting Kenwood DNX8220BT Multimedia/Navigation system

Hi,

I was looking at the Kenwood DNX8220BT Navigation and multimedia system to fit to a FL2. It is a 2DIN size 6.95" display and it the manual says it can be fitted in the FL2 instead of the radio unit. I don't know if it is possible (and if it is better because it will be higher) t fit it in the whole where the standard factory nav system sits? Is this that size..I still don't have a FL2, but eventually if I get one I was thinking of getting the S model (GS in UK) and replace the basic audio unit with this. Or maybe even if it possible to order the car without the radio/CD.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/produ...DNX8220BT/

Thanx !

Post #26105 25th Aug 2008 2:46 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

No the factory navigation system is not a 2 Din unit. It sits high in the dashboard and the screen is smaller - your kenwood unit would not fit in that space and even if it did what would you do with 2 audio systems in your car ? The factory audio system is bigger than a 2 din system but you can get 2 din fitting kits.

If you click on 'my gallery ' under this posting you will see some pictures and some info on how I fitted my 2 din Pioneer system in place of the factory audio unit .... and now I have no parking sensors - but that is another story Very Happy

Post #26106 25th Aug 2008 3:09 pm
gorjant

Macedonia 

Hmm...What model is it? Are you satisfied with the setup? About the rear parking sensors. Here it mentions that you can connect a rear view camera as an accessory...but who knows where you should place the camera and how the h**l should you bring the cable from the boot to the centre console...

Post #26109 25th Aug 2008 3:26 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

The Pioneer unit is very good - it's not just navigation but full Hard disk media system so all my CD's are recorded on the HD. Model AVIC-HD3-II is the newer version of mine . My one is a couple of years old now.
I haven't got any parking sensors since installing this - and so far haven't found a solution to this problem. I thought about the reversing camera too but like you point out - it means a big isnatlation , camera fitting and running cables so I haven't bothered with it. I just reverse until I hit something then I know it's stime to stop Very Happy

Post #26256 27th Aug 2008 4:36 pm
vafree2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Are the controls on the wheel working properly? One of the major drawback of the unit in the GS model is that you cannot scroll through the memory saved stations

Post #26770 5th Sep 2008 10:42 am
Gecko

Vatican 

Nope - steering wheel interface doesn't exist for LR yet. It'll come but not yet . Most aftermarket systems won't work with all but the big selling mass market cars. Anything deemed 'fringe' ( that's us LR drivers) won't get an interface for a while I'm afraid. But so what - the Pioneer system has voice activation so i don't have to press any buttons if I don't want to Very Happy

Post #26919 8th Sep 2008 4:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1