1%
 1%  [2]
Total Votes: 126

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ah yes the famous 'colour wars' still on-going, but we are all to tired to fight at the moment Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #24802 25th Jul 2008 9:42 pm
MAERSK

Denmark 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black

Hey CH !!!

Well I can only laugh about it,in the end we all own one of the best SUV that money can buy in that price range Very Happy Very Happy "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24804 25th Jul 2008 9:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

As a black owner,yes you do own the best FL2... but it is not to be called a SUV Shocked FL2's deserve much better than that.

Oh and its CG ,I thank you Wink At work
At home

Post #24808 26th Jul 2008 12:57 am
MAERSK

chicken george wrote:
As a black owner,yes you do own the best FL2... but it is not to be called a SUV Shocked FL2's deserve much better than that.

Oh and its CG ,I thank you Wink

SORRY CG Smile Smile .

It is my keyboard Rolling with laughter , No honestly I hit the wrong key . About calling the FL2 a SUV , Im from Denmark ( that is my excuse Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter ) ,what do you call it in the UK Question Question . And now we are at the subject for names - what is the difference between Freelander 2 and LR2 is it lazyness for not writing the name or is there another reason Whistle Whistle
 "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24811 26th Jul 2008 7:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

MAERSK wrote:
About calling the FL2 a SUV

He said it again lads Exclamation what shall we do about Mr Bling Question Laughing

A Land-rover is refered to as either a Land-rover or a 4x4...never a SUV and never ever a 'Jeep' Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

Post #24816 26th Jul 2008 8:58 am
Chris B

United Kingdom 

I have cast my vote for my moidel which was XS.

I added the sunroof option becuase I like a light airy cabin for long journeys

I added the winter pack to get the heated screen (essential in my experience with a slow warm-up heater from a Diesel) and the Bi-Xenon lights (because the driving light pods are a bit ugly and only small reflectors). The lights a really good.

Going to SE would have given me other things that I do not need and it was a significant price increase, e.g. I have my own GPS.

Chris Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #24838 27th Jul 2008 10:07 am
MAERSK

[quote="chicken george"]

MAERSK wrote:
About calling the FL2 a SUV

He said it again lads Exclamation what shall we do about Mr Bling Question Laughing

A Land-rover is refered to as either a Land-rover or a 4x4...never a SUV and never ever a 'Jeep' Evil or Very Mad

[/b]SORRY CG Bow down

It will propably not happen again Very Happy Very Happy . Give me a 6 month trial period to learn all the phrases and it might not happen again Laughing Laughing .My excuse is that Im from Denmark Ner Ner . What is yours CG Question Question Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter  "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24843 27th Jul 2008 2:03 pm
chicken george

I'm a Yorkshire man I need no excuse At work
At home

Post #24844 27th Jul 2008 2:32 pm
MAERSK

Fair enough CG Bow down Whistle Whistle "57" HSE automatic in black with black leather,tinted glas,Alpina hifi and a lot of extra accessories,chrome handle in and outside,chrome foglight+mirrorcaps+boothandle.Topspoiler

Post #24847 27th Jul 2008 6:14 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
And its believe not beleive, I before E except after C Ner Ner

I didn't say I was educated....just that I knew what is a good colour Laughing Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #24897 29th Jul 2008 12:42 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

When swapping my previous BMW X3 against the new Freely 2 I have carefully studied the available options and the related prices. In Germany LR offers the Freely 2 in 4 trims: E (without TRS), S (with TRS), SE and HSE.
The SE and HSE versions differ in price by exactly EUR 4.300 each over the S version, offering, besides other small extras, only a different Audio-System, which in my humble opinion is not worth the extra money.
So my choice -with a little discipline- was the S-version with Automatic, stornoway grey metallic, bi-xenon lights, leather trim, heated front seats, the better automatic aircondition with automatic mirror dimming, rear parking sensors, and the SE-aluminium rims. As extras I have ordered the upper outside mirror covers in car colour and the white side repeaters. Total price saving over the SE-version has been EUR 2.500,00. Nobody will identify my Freely as "S" version after adding the pixel metallic trim to the dash board.
My Freely will soon be 12 months old, and I can report no problems whatsoever other than replacement of the 2 pressure sensors of the DPF (diesel particulate filter) due to manufacturers missing quality control.

YF

Post #24918 29th Jul 2008 7:58 pm
John Taylor

England 

I chose Auto HSE in black, tinted and detachable towbar with electrics. Superb tower.

Post #25206 5th Aug 2008 10:57 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

yamaha-fan wrote:
When swapping my previous BMW X3 against the new Freely 2 I have carefully studied the available options and the related prices. In Germany LR offers the Freely 2 in 4 trims: E (without TRS), S (with TRS), SE and HSE.
The SE and HSE versions differ in price by exactly EUR 4.300 each over the S version, offering, besides other small extras, only a different Audio-System, which in my humble opinion is not worth the extra money.
So my choice -with a little discipline- was the S-version with Automatic, stornoway grey metallic, bi-xenon lights, leather trim, heated front seats, the better automatic aircondition with automatic mirror dimming, rear parking sensors, and the SE-aluminium rims. As extras I have ordered the upper outside mirror covers in car colour and the white side repeaters. Total price saving over the SE-version has been EUR 2.500,00. Nobody will identify my Freely as "S" version after adding the pixel metallic trim to the dash board.
My Freely will soon be 12 months old, and I can report no problems whatsoever other than replacement of the 2 pressure sensors of the DPF (diesel particulate filter) due to manufacturers missing quality control.

YF

What was your reason/s to choose LR instead of BMW? 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25268 6th Aug 2008 12:29 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

SUV - I thought that meant SUPERIOR UTOPIC VEHICLE for a FL2 

Post #25649 14th Aug 2008 11:31 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

christian138 wrote:
SUV - I thought that meant SUPERIOR UTOPIC VEHICLE for a FL2

Nope SUV = Censored Ugly Vehicle!

........and NEVER refer to a FL2 as a JEEP (that’s only for idiot journalists that have no grey stuff in their skulls)

FL2 = 4x4 or just Land Rover (not Land-rover as some uninformed person once remarked Laughing ) 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25664 15th Aug 2008 8:58 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12