« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Did you know that...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
m1964

United States 
Did you know that...

not only engine (3.2L gas) and transmission in LR2 was taken from Volvo, but the brakes too-I just installed EBC Redstuff front pads, and they are listed for Volvo S80 2007-on.
Had to dig EBC's catalog, and was going to get Greenstuff SUV, which were not available in US, so EBC suggested Redstuff ceramic pads, which are listed for VOlvo.

The EBC Redstuff pad brakes just fine-as good or even better then OEM, but my ultimate goal was not acheved: these new pads give as much dust as OEM, and I was looking at dust reduction as my primary goal... Exclamation

Post #24935 30th Jul 2008 4:37 am
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

jsut had 30,000 mile service and brake pads only 30 percent worn, so it looks like another90.000 miles until I replace the pads Thumbs Up

Post #24937 30th Jul 2008 5:48 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

m1964,

Greenstuff are the best in terms of dust, but for hard driving they aren't the best choice.

The wheels will always dust up the difference is in the easeof cleaning it off. With standard pads the matallic particles stick to the rims so t is not just a dust, so this is where you should be gaining.

I've used greens, reds and yellows, with yellows being the best for faster than normal street driving, greens being good for normal driving by joe average, and reds just took too much heating up before getting any real bite. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #24940 30th Jul 2008 6:04 am
m1964

United States 

thank you, Gambba -as I said Greenstuff was not available here, and I changed pads only to get rid of dust. EBC claimed that Redstuff was their lowest dust emitting pad. So far dust looks the same as from OEM pads.

Post #24982 31st Jul 2008 4:06 am
jvvv

This may be a topic hijack, but i can't find any general 'did you know that topic' and making one seems a bit pointless...

Did you know that cruise control is automaticly shut down when when traction/stabilitycontrol kicks in.
A week ago or so i was driving about 120kph on cruise control when suddenly the sky opened and the whole road got flooded. Evrybody slowed down, but i was confident that the free would just do fine. It did for a while until the freelander started sliding and TC kicked in. And that's how i found out TC can shut down your CC.

At that same moment i also found out the free isn't such a bad car when the road gets a bit wet:)

Post #25145 3rd Aug 2008 10:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1