« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Terrain Resonse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pwven

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand
Terrain Resonse

When you change the terrain response program to another program, say sand, must the car be standing or can you do this while driving? I will be going off road next week end and want to test all the programs and the HDC.
Any tips will be welcome.

Post #24988 31st Jul 2008 7:47 am
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Not necessary to stop for changing the program. You should turn on the button when it suits you.
Good luck. LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #24990 31st Jul 2008 8:01 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

On some programs (like the Mud&Ruts) the HDC switches on automatically. If you go very slow (first gear) it will work automatically even if you do not descent a hill. So if you go on sort of even ground you should switch the HDC off because it will only brake the car needlessly if you take your foot from the accelerator. When you descend a steep hill put the HDC bake again. Remember that on the FL2 the HDC takes a very short time to kick in (to actually work - regardless of how early you have switched the HDC on) - it's really very short (maybe a second) but it might seem longer. This is normal and I can tell you that the HDC is a good help. This short delay happens to the FL2 and not to the Disco 3 and RRS or RRV as the FL2 does not have a low box and the second locking differential.
Have fun FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #24993 31st Jul 2008 8:33 am
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

I find that though HDC kicks in automatically on mud and ruts it requires manual switch off. After last weekend I can confirm that the sand setting works brilliant, oh what fun, I only part doubted Freeda once but she sailed through, good job the PC police only work office hours!
Sorry for no recent posts but some nerdburglar has well and truly given my PC indegestion big time, still not sorted properly so maybe submerging for a bit until I get my programmes back, looks like it might be a new hard drive, post soon.
I still smile every time I drive away in Freeda still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #25602 13th Aug 2008 10:02 pm
pwven

Have been on holiday for 8 days and am very pleased with my FL2. Done 2901 KM and the fuel consumptions was 8.2 L/100Km for the trip. Yes agree that the sand setting works very well, did some thick soft sand driving with no problem.
The HDC was used and seams very active with the the brakes comming on and off all the time on different wheels, seams like it may be milli seconds. Is this normal?

Post #25843 18th Aug 2008 5:38 pm
upnaway

Hello pwven, really well chuffed that you like your new car, keep smiling. ref comment about HDC, that sounds well normal. Time to worry is when it sounds like a load of M8 nuts in galvanised bucket ie just before all 4 tyres loose traction and vehicle sucumbs to at least 1 of Newtons Laws. ps sand can be used on road to sharpen throttle response. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #25982 21st Aug 2008 10:00 pm
upnaway

Hello pwven, really well chuffed that you like your new car, keep smiling. ref comment about HDC, that sounds well normal. Time to worry is when it sounds like a load of M8 nuts in galvanised bucket ie just before all 4 tyres loose traction and vehicle sucumbs to at least 1 of Newtons Laws. ps sand can be used on road to sharpen throttle response.
Sorry for double posting. Computer still poorly still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #25983 21st Aug 2008 10:00 pm
pwven

Hi upnaway
Thanks for the feedback. Yes it is an pleasure the drive the Freelander offroad. You feel in control all the time. Have done 4200 KM to date and not a single problem.

Post #26005 22nd Aug 2008 1:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1