Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 Delivery Times - How Long Does it Take?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cyberil

United Kingdom 
FL2 Delivery Times - How Long Does it Take?

Over a week ago I ordered a FL2. I was told the vehicle was in stock with Land Rover and wouldn't be a factory order, so I should receive it in less than 2 weeks.

For over a week now I've been promised a delivery date, and after numerous requests they still can't confirm an exact date and are saying the matter is down to Land Rover and the availability of their transporters and prepping the vehicle.

Should I be worried or is this normal procedure, or was the salesman just doing anything to get my deposit and then I am left no option but to wait month's for a factory ordered vehicle? - How long did you wait for a new vehicle?

Post #24389 17th Jul 2008 5:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

which dealer did you use Question

James at Charles Hurst Park Royal London 0845 3671506 (our site sponsor)

May well be able to sort something out for you, and if it was them get you the date Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #24390 17th Jul 2008 7:00 pm
cyberil

United Kingdom 

I don't want to name the dealer yet, as it's still early days - I did approach Charles Hurst first as I live nearby but they couldn't match the price...

Post #24392 17th Jul 2008 7:15 pm
So Simple

Mine was a reallocated order and it still took over a month. Think there is a bit of kidology still going on, like builders who start building until you exchange contracts and then bu Censored er off and leave it for ages. Or at least used to. No offence to any builders, I know you've got it tough right now!

Post #24447 18th Jul 2008 11:14 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Cyberil,

If the order was placed through a UK dealer then the dealer has the option of self-collecting. We have had quite a few deliveries over the last week or so which makes it sound slightly unusual. Ask them for the chassis number of the car and PM me and I'll let you know if they definitely have a car for you or just wanted your deposit!

I appreciate that we couldn't get to the figure you have been quoted, but there is usually a reason underneath it all.

James Thumbs Up

Post #24497 20th Jul 2008 4:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pwven

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand

Why do you have to pay deposite on a new car in the UK? In South Africa you do not pay any deposite on new cars. You only pay when it is delevered.

Last edited by pwven on 20th Jul 2008 7:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #24501 20th Jul 2008 6:01 pm
highbridgeflyer

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Orkney Grey

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Cyberil,

If the order was placed through a UK dealer then the dealer has the option of self-collecting. We have had quite a few deliveries over the last week or so which makes it sound slightly unusual. Ask them for the chassis number of the car and PM me and I'll let you know if they definitely have a car for you or just wanted your deposit!

I appreciate that we couldn't get to the figure you have been quoted, but there is usually a reason underneath it all.

James Thumbs Up

You can not 'self collect' from Halewood. Transport will only ship the vehical if they have a full load.

Post #24502 20th Jul 2008 6:13 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

pwven wrote:
Why do you have to pay deposite on a new car in the UK? In South Africa you do pay any deposite on new cars. You only pay when it is delevered.

I guess its to protect the dealers, making sure you do truly want the car when you order it. The deposit though is at the dealers discretion, I didn't pay one for my FL2, My family has dealt with the dealer for 40+ years so I must be classed as a trusted customer. But I bet if ordered a barbie pink Range-Rover they would want a huge deposit to protect themselves.

Conversely I paid a £1000 deposit to Audi for a TT with a 6mth waiting list, but they forgot to order the car so had to refund my money and compensate me Neutral . In truth that was Lucky for me, as I didn't want the car any more as Mrs G was pregnant Thumbs Up . At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #24503 20th Jul 2008 6:33 pm
Lookers Park Royal

HBF, indeed you are correct as they are not going via Gaydon. Good point!

James Thumbs Up

Post #24518 20th Jul 2008 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1