« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > DTC U0156?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
klian787

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
DTC U0156?

Does anyone know what this code relates to?

U0156 - Lost Communication With Information Center "A"

When checking the only other fault was: Turbo solenoid open circuit.

I've cleared all the codes, but the U0156 remains regardless. There is no noticeable difference in performance and the turbo works as normal? any ideas?

Post #244346 9th Dec 2014 10:30 pm
alex_pescaru

Re: U0156
Who throws this error? Which system?
If you have high line audio system could be a communication issue on the MOST bus.
If you don't have it, it can be a misconfiguration in the car configuration file.
Do you have the car from new? Has anybody changed or worked on the audio system?

Post #244348 9th Dec 2014 10:39 pm
klian787

Hi Alex, it's the "S" model 2007 with the standard radio, I fitted a Phillips after market system with an iso connector thats all. I'll put the original back in tomorrow and see if that is the problem, it had crossed my mind because one connector is now redundant.

The other code that came up was erased when I disconnected the battery, the message to the best of my recollection, was Turbo solenoid open circuit. I have an iCarsoft 930, it comes up with this in body control? today I've gone through all data streams and everything is working fine.

Although: on the reader you can select Diagnostics or OBDII diagnostics and apart from the following can't find fault.

If I go diagnostics: Land Rover: Freelander: 2007: Engine: Date Streams. MAF - this has a reading of 0 g/s with the engine running.

If I go OBDII diagnostics: MAF - it reads of 12 g/s. Yet all the other modules using both systems report the same readings?

The car runs & starts fine, no loss of power and you can hear the Turbo kicking in, I checked the battery voltage which is a little low at 12.36V but without a crank amp tester it's difficult to say if this is the culprit.

Post #244495 11th Dec 2014 12:36 am
klian787

Hi Alex, your a star - spot on. I re-installed the original stereo, came up with a load of other DTC's relating to audio.

On the iCarsoft 930, you can select the modules manually or automatic, on auto it only selects the modules you have installed and audio wasn't in the auto list before, now you get Bluetooth etc. I've cleared all the codes, re-installed the after market and no DTC's appear now.

Question: Do I need to get this module disabled?

Post #244522 11th Dec 2014 12:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1