« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR Service Centre Standards
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
LR Service Centre Standards

It seems from several posts that forum members are having a hard time with LR service centres and I too have had my fair share of annoying episodes with them. A fortnight after owning the car I started to get a knocking / twanging noise coming from the rear. I tried to live with it but it was annoying so booked it in with LR and here is what has happened so far

1) Took a technician out with me for a 15 minute drive. I kept hearing the noise but the deaf technician couldnt! He advised me to book it in for the day!

2) Took it in for the day and within 1.5 hours they rang me to say someone had took it out and not heard anything. I heard the noise all the way to the centre and asked how long the roadtest had been and they didnt know! I had to 'beg' the guy to have the vehicle sent out again on a longer test drive. I never heard from them again until I collected the vehicle and was told "we couldnt hear nothing!"

3) I emailed another dealership in the area direct to the Service Manager explaining my problem - 2 weeks have passed and not even had the courtesy of a reply!! Censored

4) Returned to the original service centre and this time had a different technician drive the car whilst i sat alongside. Dont know what he was doing but the noise never occured! He took it out on a 45 minute test even taking it off road!!! He really pushed it to its limits, aiming for potholes, flooring it, breaking hard, heavy swerving. He couldnt find any fault and it was comforting to hear him say that the FL2 was performing exactly as it should and that the noise (when I hear it) must be some trim rubbing against something and is nothing to worry about.

I still hear the noise and am slowly trying to hunt for it and eliminate it (such as driving without the spare wheel or with the seats down) but to be perfectly honest if it hadnt been for the technician on the last test drive I would have been wishing I had never bought the bloody FL2!!!! LR service = 1/10!! Censored

Post #24328 15th Jul 2008 8:58 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

these things are difficult - if the tech can't find the problem (deaf or not) there is little he can do.
Ours (Armstrong Massey) have been great so far but if they can't find a problem I'd probably get frustrated with them too. Don't think it's just LR though. I once sat with a mechanic who told me that the misfire which had suddenly appeared out of the blue on my merc was 'normal'. He said "They all do that sir". Well they're all faulty then was my reply but it got me nowhere. Took another 3 months to track down and fix the fault.
All I can say is persevere. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #24340 16th Jul 2008 10:44 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I share 'shilen's' frustration, I am living with annoying noises. Have previously had minor success with the dealer, one technician (but only one!) has been particularly helpful and was not deaf to the noises I pointed out, he even cured one of them!! Last service the car went in with several 'noise producing' sites sporting wedges of folded paper which I have inserted into gaps between panels to reduce/cure some of the noises; however no action was taken to provide a more permanent solution. At present I have two really noticeable and annoying noises, one comes from the passenger seat belt B post trim and the other from the luggage cover. I can't get to the bottom of the B post noise but have found that removing the luggage cover cures that problem (thats just bloody inconvenient because it means when I'm traveling I have to remember to replace the cover whenever I'm parked up)

My opinion is the car is generally well built and very quiet, but there are some design/material weak spots which show up badly because the car IS inherently quite. It is disappointing that service centres don't seem to treat us paying customers with a bit more respect.

I've posted previously about my service centre manager telling me I have a digital radio which is just total Censored ; with that level of misunderstanding in service centre management there really is no hope.

Post #24361 16th Jul 2008 11:03 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

That's the frustration, they're blasé about the fact that we've spent upwards of 25k-30k on these vehicles, we should expect a better level of service. Phil

Post #24368 17th Jul 2008 9:33 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1