Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > 3G iPhone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nickwill

3G iPhone

Anyone going down the route of getting the new 3G iphone due out on the 11 July. I haven't decided yet that it is worth the extra cost. Nokia 6233i works fine but ???? also it seems from previous threads that the iPhone syncs with the PTI bluetooth ok (well most of the time). Grateful for advice.

The GPS friends locator (loopt i think) has the potential for the basis of some great 4 wheeled tag chasing Whistle

Post #23726 6th Jul 2008 10:42 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i am still pondering but have 11 months left on my contract, so doubt i will change

It has a few bonus point such as the internet side, but has more cons like the lake of a desent camera

For a music phone i don't believe this model has the AD2P bluetooth music streaming either, which means it won't work with bluetooth headphones, other than a telephone handsfree thing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23730 6th Jul 2008 11:33 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Ive got a normal iPhone. I dont really think you need 3G Most of the time i just connect wireless to a network. Most places now have wireless. But dont get me wrong, 3G would be nice on the road when trying to do my internet banking.

Dorko

Post #23745 6th Jul 2008 1:36 pm
J T

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

I've got the iphone 1 and would not be without it now. brilliant internet, email, and pairs with the FL2 with no problems.

I might upgrade just for the gps on the new iphone 2.

Your right nick, the camera is crap.

Post #23747 6th Jul 2008 2:42 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I will be upgrading my iPhone 1 to the iPhone 2 and have already contact O2 to get it. Whether it I get it for the 11th is another matter as I've not had further news. Perhaps they are serving the new customers first and the "old" customers later.

I am buying it for the 3G facility as the current speed is very poor. Wireless connectivity is only good if I am in at home or in the office - where I might as well use my laptop! Chris

Post #23797 7th Jul 2008 8:12 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Somebody who knows somebody at O2 quoted this

Quote:
Gents,

I've just been speaking to a friend of mine from school who I bumped into earlier. Low and behold he is now a regional manager for 02.

They have not announced it yet, god only knows why but this is the situation.

If you are a NEW O2 customer you can buy a new 3G Iphone over the counter from 8.02 am at any O2 store in the uk. You will need a driving licence, proof of address and a debit card and your bank details for direct debit as all activations will now be done in store. Unlike the 1st Generation Iphones.

For those of you who are not currently using one, and are thinking of getting one your tariff options are here:-http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paymonthly

(This includes your price of your phone)

Now, current users. At 9am on Launch day you have to call 202 from your handset to upgrade your phone. You cannot do it online (presently-although he thinks this may come out as news this week)

You will then be shipped the phone the next working day (likely then to be the Monday)

Hope this is of some help....

Erico
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23815 7th Jul 2008 9:39 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1