« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > On my second Freelander 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
2nd time arond

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
On my second Freelander 2

Took delivery of my first Freelander 2 on 31 January and it broke down on the same day. The fuel gauge dropped to empty and shortly after lost power. Stopped the car for a few minutes - restarted it and all was well again. Shortly after, the central locking chose to lock and unlock the car as I was driving it along. A few days later it broke down again with the fuel gauge problem. Took the car to my local dealer and after 3 days they were still scratching their heads. I demanded a replacement from my supplying dealer and to my surprise, they agreed and I collected another shiny new Freelander 2, this time on an 07 on February 2. It has already had to go back due to the air bag warning light remaining on and there is also a rattle coming from the dashboard. Last time I drove it the Adaptive Headlamp warning light came on for a while but that seems to have sorted itself out now. Looking forward to completing a journey when nothng goes wrong.

Post #2053 17th Mar 2007 9:20 pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about all your problems, happens with all new cars I'm afraid Sad . Good on your dealer for replacing you car though. Welcome to the forum btw Thumbs Up

Post #2106 24th Mar 2007 11:52 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

THAT MAKES TWO OF US MY FRIEND, ON SECOND CARS!! MY DEALER HAD MINE IN FIVE TIMES IN EIGHT WEEKS WITH A VARIETY OF ELECTRICAL ISSUES AND TODAY THEY HAVE ADVISED THEY WILL REPLACE THE CAR ON A BUY BACK POLICY AND REPLACE WITH NEW Thumbs Up TO SAY I WAS GETIING Censored OFF IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, I JUST WANTED THE CAR AS OTHER WISE IT IS BRILLIANT. KEEP PRAYING Bow down YOUR NEW ONE IS BETTER!!!

EVEN TODAY (10/4/07) MINE DIDNT START AGAIN!! Big Cry , NORMALLY GO ABOUT THREE DAYS BEFORE ANOTHER ELECTRICAL ISSUE APPEARS OR AN OLD ONE REPEATS ITSELF

Post #2368 11th Apr 2007 12:17 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1