Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > I Recon This Is A Good Deal On A Metropolis.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
I Recon This Is A Good Deal On A Metropolis.

Recon I have been offered a good deal on a Santorini in Black with Ivory trim. Been phoning & shopping around partly to see who has got black & Ivory (not many) & then who gives the best deal. Most have been the same at around the 」34200 ish mark or a bit more & some with virtually no discount but one has just offered me a Black with Ivory, full size spare, rear spoiler privacy though via Pentagon as it isn't fitted, roor rails, side steps, all round mud flaps, rubber floor mats & rubber boot mat for 」34,750.

What are opinions? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #236171 27th Sep 2014 9:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

It's a good deal...grab it! Thumbs Up Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #236172 27th Sep 2014 9:27 pm
mickyveloce

United Kingdom 

There's a bit to chip off that yet!

Picked our Barolo Metropolis this afternoon and got 13% off list. With mud flaps, privacy, rear spoiler, full sized spare and paint and leather protection. Cracking car, but the dealers want rid of them now so don't be afraid of a bit of enthusiastic haggling....

Post #236180 27th Sep 2014 11:44 pm
The Valeter

Where did you get the Barolo from? I was on the phone to a dealer in the Midlands last Friday who said they had one then I got a call an hour later to find it was an old stock list & it had been sold the previous Saturday as in 2 weeks ago.

After calling several dealers this is by far the best deal as I know they have to fit genuine LR parts & I know how much those side steps are without fitting. The mudflaps on their own are over 」200 fitted.

A couple of dealers said to me they weren't discounting much as there has been a lot of interest in the last Freelander's & onece they have gone the dealers havn't got the replacement till about April. I was also told that some people now they have seen the info on the new DS they have cancelled that & gone for the Freelander instead.

I recon my deal with all those bits equates to between 11 & 12%. Spoke to the guy a couple of times & pretty sure I sqeazed them tight as his business manager wanted to do 」35000 but he reckoned he could get 」34750. Prior to this I had a figure in my head of 」34500 thinking no way will they go for that based on other quotes I had had. When he said the 」34750 I said include the mudflaps for that which is when I was told how much they cost.
I have got till Monday morning to decide.
The only worry I have is what the depreciation might be like in 6 months time!

If anyone knows of a dealer that can better that figure I have above so long as it is either black with Ivory feel free to let me know!

Guy Salmon in Maidstone offered me 」32200 with Full size spare, privacy & spoiler then added their GAP (via AXA) & Supagaurd. I told them to stick the Supagaurd & wasn't too bothered about the GAP but if I took that off the price remained the same. Stratsones of Solihul were similar but instead of GAP they did a 5 year service deal with all the rubber mats but that was 」34500. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #236181 28th Sep 2014 12:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MaxTorque

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Barolo Black
Re: I Recon This Is A Good Deal On A Metropolis.

The Valeter wrote:
Recon I have been offered a good deal on a Santorini in Black with Ivory trim. Been phoning & shopping around partly to see who has got black & Ivory (not many) & then who gives the best deal. Most have been the same at around the 」34200 ish mark or a bit more & some with virtually no discount but one has just offered me a Black with Ivory, full size spare, rear spoiler privacy though via Pentagon as it isn't fitted, roor rails, side steps, all round mud flaps, rubber floor mats & rubber boot mat for 」34,750.

What are opinions?

Hi The Valeter,

I would say you are getting a great deal for a brilliant car. I just picked up my Metropolis in Barolo black with boot trim, bumper trim, privacy glass, rear spoiler, mud flaps and full size spare for similar money to what they are quoting you.

Is your 」34,750 a cash price or does it include a PCP dealer contribution?

Do not worry about depreciation, I have spent months going through all the options and looking at different cars and at the end of the day you are buying into an asset which is going to be worth half what you paid for it after 3 years whether it is a Land Rover Freelander or a Ford Fiesta. What counts is that:

a) You buy the car you want
b) You only spend what you can afford
c) You enjoy the whole experience of owning the car
d) You understand that a car is not an investment

If you have made up your mind that you want a Freelander this is the best time to buy one. The car you are beiing offered would have cost you 」43000 a year ago - go for it before someone else beats you to it

Post #236183 28th Sep 2014 5:27 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

^^ what he said! Even when the likes of drivethedeal.com were discounting available freelanders, they were still coming in at 」38k......those side steps alone are 」1k's worth including fitting and vat. It's a no-brainer to me. Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #236184 28th Sep 2014 7:25 am
mickyveloce

United Kingdom 

Ours was from Hatfields in North Yorkshire. It looks great, and represents good value for money.

Depreciation on any car is a fact of life. The longer you keep the car, the less of an issue it is. If your planning to offload the car in six months, then you'll take a big hit, but a quick browse through Autotrader will throw up series 1 Freelanders for sale at 8995, which is huge money.

Its difficult to accurately predict depreciation, but I reckon the Metropolis will be popular with the public and trade for some years to come, based on the active promotion of the brand and the Discovery Sport predicted to command strong residuals for some time to come.

Post #236199 28th Sep 2014 9:36 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

sounds a good deal, and if that's the car you want and your happy go for it.

no point in fannying about for a few hundred here or there.

Iain

Post #236201 28th Sep 2014 9:39 am
mickyveloce

United Kingdom 

Being a Yorkshireman, Id personally do a great deal of fannying around for a few hundred pounds.....

Post #236219 28th Sep 2014 11:22 am
The Valeter

Thanks guys for the help. Funny thing was I sold my Barolo Black Evoque in June as I simply said to the wife I'm bored with paying loads of money on cars & partly as I ordered last October for a fun car a new Fiesta ST2 hot hatch which came in March. I am happy with that to be fair but the missus says the ride is too hard & likes the Land/Range Rover Image & size etc.
The only reason I got thinking about the Metropolis is what you were getting against the price of an HSE LUX 6 months ago & got me tempted lol so that is the only thing holding me back really as in brain wanting it but heart saying be sensible!!

P.S. Perhaps the Norfolk Barolo was the one I was given info on a while back. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #236226 28th Sep 2014 1:01 pm
iain cooper

mickyveloce wrote:
Being a Yorkshireman, Id personally do a great deal of fannying around for a few hundred pounds.....

and some say us Scots are tight Rolling Eyes

Post #236236 28th Sep 2014 5:32 pm
mickyveloce

United Kingdom 

Hello Valeter,

have you decided on a deal yet?

were delighted with our Metropolis and it is night and day different in terms of equipment and quality from the 2007 SE.

Always good to hear from our Caledonian cousins Iain! Hopefully popping up to Loch Lomond (Cameron House) at some poit next year when Ive saved up! M

Post #236329 29th Sep 2014 4:18 pm
iain cooper

Hi Micky, Loch Lomond is magical, I'm sure you'll enjoy it especially if you get the weather.

My daughter got married in Luss, on the banks of Loch Lomond this year.

Cameron House is nice if not expensive, but you pays your money and makes your choice !!

Iain

Post #236378 29th Sep 2014 9:42 pm
The Valeter

I've said yes, just got to wait for the finance prop to come back as it was referred. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #236385 29th Sep 2014 10:35 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

Still awaiting a delivery date for mine Crying or Very sad

It's been built and awaiting despatch, just waiting for distribution centre to put it through the system then I can get rid of the (capable but dull) Kuga.

Tempted to buy this at the end of agreement, then a very favourably priced 18month old Metropolis will be on the market Thumbs Up

Post #236458 30th Sep 2014 6:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>