« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > New Tyres Monday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FL2Voodoo

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
New Tyres Monday

Well the time has come for new Shoes for the Freelander, I have about 1.5mm on the rears and about 2.5mm on the front measured from the tread limit indicator and the last week or so the cars feeling squishy and jiggly, so its time to part with hard earned.

I have decided after much debate with my self to take a chance on General Grabber AT 235/55/19 105H, I was going to mail order them as I could not get them fitted as I could not get them locally but eventually found a local garage that does'nt seem to be constrained to certain suppliers, any way they have just ordered me a 4 for £625 fitted so there going on on Monday all being well Smile

mail ordering and getting them fitted wasnt going to work out any cheaper and those garages that would fit them were saying they wont take responsibility for any damage etc so that left me uneasy.

I could have gone for a more conventional tyre like a scorpion Verde but as I tend to park up on some pretty muddy fields etc I wanted a little more. I just hope its the right move.

I will keep you informed as I know others have wondered about them on 19" wheels . HSE TD4 Stornoway Grey ★ Rear Spoiler ★ Black Leather Interior ★ Panoramic Roof ★ Navigation with Bluetooth ★ 19 " Alloys ★ Alpine Stereo 10 Disc Auto changer and Ipod connection and lots of other nice toys ★

Post #228380 4th Jul 2014 1:57 pm
FL2Voodoo

New GG AT tires fitted, car feels loads better on the road than on the old Nankang eco sports. I havnt noticed a change in road noise either.
 HSE TD4 Stornoway Grey ★ Rear Spoiler ★ Black Leather Interior ★ Panoramic Roof ★ Navigation with Bluetooth ★ 19 " Alloys ★ Alpine Stereo 10 Disc Auto changer and Ipod connection and lots of other nice toys ★

Post #228561 7th Jul 2014 8:40 pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

Good choice and very popular. Thumbs Up Andy.
www.ajstyres.co.uk www.ajs4x4.co.uk
J8 M25 SURREY
01737 241370

Post #228579 8th Jul 2014 7:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slidney

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Barolo Black

Hi, can't quite make out if these tyres ar fitted with a rim protector?
Will your mpg be affected / reduced?
Would prefer a tyre with a rim protector, are they that effective?
Cheers

Post #228618 8th Jul 2014 7:29 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

They look good on the Freelander but I am leaning towards the GG GT as I prefer to stay with V speed rating. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #228673 9th Jul 2014 9:34 am
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

Slidney wrote:
Hi, can't quite make out if these tyres ar fitted with a rim protector?
Will your mpg be affected / reduced?
Would prefer a tyre with a rim protector, are they that effective?
Cheers

Yes they do have a rim protector and yes it will affect you MPG as any more aggressive tyre will.

The General AT and GT are very popular tyres. Thumbs Up Andy.
www.ajstyres.co.uk www.ajs4x4.co.uk
J8 M25 SURREY
01737 241370

Post #228674 9th Jul 2014 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
FL2Voodoo

Hi,

Yes there is a small Rim protector although it does'nt stick out as much as I have seen on other tyres.

@ Midlandlandrover the car can only do 112mph according to the handbook and H rating is upto 131mph and V=149mph I guess I am well with in limits and I dont think my insurance would quible especially with peeps running round on low spec unbranded cheap tyres or even worse part worns they have no idea what they came off and why .

Also I tend to do 65 -70mph on motorways since owning this, the odd 80 if I need to over take but its not a racing car and I accept the more relaxed slower drive and I come to realise I can get to a place that some one doing 85 can just as quickly as I have proven lol but thats another story.

As for MPG although I have only done about 100 miles since they have been fitted I am still getting 29mpg on my normal running around and commute to work, again not to bothered about mpg I just dont want to get stuck. HSE TD4 Stornoway Grey ★ Rear Spoiler ★ Black Leather Interior ★ Panoramic Roof ★ Navigation with Bluetooth ★ 19 " Alloys ★ Alpine Stereo 10 Disc Auto changer and Ipod connection and lots of other nice toys ★

Post #228678 9th Jul 2014 9:55 am
archie98

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I was going to have those fitted but in the end I had Mitchelin Latitude Cross instead been pleased so far.

Post #228703 9th Jul 2014 3:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1