« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis

I have now seen a Freelander 2 'METROPOLIS' in the flesh and seen the full spec.

mmmmm, LR state that the new Metropolis adds to the equipment already in the HSE Lux.

OK, so on top of the Lux, it gets........................................ A Metropolis Badge!

I can't see any additional equipment on the Met than you already get on the Lux, the carpets are maybe a little thicker, but that could just be the fact that the one I saw was new.

But it is only the Metropolis in the UK and Russia, in every other Country it is called HSE Luxury, not HSE Lux as we know now.

But if reports are true that the MET is only available as an SD4 Auto, then it is a good price at £35995 before options. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #224804 14th May 2014 4:36 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Are the front headlight reflectors blacked out Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #224825 14th May 2014 7:37 pm
Jeremy @ Grange Barnet LR

I havent seen one yet Shocked Are you changeing your headlights already?! Laughing

But as Mav71 says whilst the spec isnt massivley different to the HSE Lux the price point is very attractive Very Happy

Post #224855 15th May 2014 10:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

Little bit on Autocar about Metropolis -

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars...freelander

Post #224859 15th May 2014 11:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

Quote:
The revised Freelander will go on sale in June, priced from £27,765 for the base SE TD4 in manual form.

If that's correct, that from June the entry-level FL2 will cost £28K, it gives us a pretty clear indication of how the Discovery Sport is going to be priced - it is, indeed, going to be a £30K plus car. Which means, as suspected, the real replacement for the FL2 will be the Defender, whenever that finally appears.

Post #224860 15th May 2014 12:26 pm
stooby

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Rimini Red

I was in Pentland Land Rover on Tuesday and I'm sure I saw a HSE with a Luxury badge (rather than Lux).
I could have been mistaken though. It was priced at £42k and I was too busy shaking my head. £42K!!!!!
Looked nice though. £42K !

Post #224861 15th May 2014 12:38 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

shakes head in agreement At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #224862 15th May 2014 12:44 pm
Mav71

LR NUT wrote:
Are the front headlight reflectors blacked out Whistle

Yes they are, I might keep my eye out for a pair!

Jeremy @ Hadley Green LR wrote:
I havent seen one yet Shocked Are you changeing your headlights already?! Laughing

But as Mav71 says whilst the spec isnt massivley different to the HSE Lux the price point is very attractive Very Happy

If it is true that Metropolis is only available as an SD4 Auto, then the price is very good compared to the SD4 HSE Lux.

pab wrote:
Quote:
The revised Freelander will go on sale in June, priced from £27,765 for the base SE TD4 in manual form.

If that's correct, that from June the entry-level FL2 will cost £28K, it gives us a pretty clear indication of how the Discovery Sport is going to be priced - it is, indeed, going to be a £30K plus car. Which means, as suspected, the real replacement for the FL2 will be the Defender, whenever that finally appears.

Your not seeing the whole picture here. The 2015MY Freelanders are a run out range with limited models. So the bottom of the range cars have been discontinued. So it is not a true reflection of where the Freelander's prices starts from as it is an end of life model.

But you are incorrect about the Defender being the true replacement for the FL2. The Discovery Sport is the official replacement for the Freelander 2.

I would expect the price to be slightly higher than the Freelander was model to model as it will be a slightly bigger car. But there will be a smaller Discovery model to fit under the current Freelander. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #224893 15th May 2014 6:54 pm
RobGColl

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Santorini Black

Do you think LR will keep the Freelander 2 going along side the Discovery Sport for a while until the smaller Discovery is released? MY11 Freelander 2 TD4 S, Santorini Black, Almond Cloth, Full MY 2013 facelift, Factory Privacy Glass, Clear View Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, LR 19" DogLeg Alloys, and lots of other stuff!

Post #224902 15th May 2014 9:29 pm

No, Freelander 2 is coming to the end.

Remember the jump from Freelander 1 in terms of spec/ size/ price when Freelander 2 came out. We are in a very similar position in that the final Freelander 1's where special editions (Adventurer, Freestyle, etc)

Post #224914 16th May 2014 8:09 am
Mav71

Nope, I have been to the factory and once the line has been modified for the new Disco Sport, Freelander 2 will bow out. It may be a good few years before the smaller Disco comes out.

I have seen nothing in the metal regarding the small Disco, but have seen the Disco Sport in part for the last 8-12 months, so this would say the small version is some way off.

It is hard to say how big the Disco Sport is as I have only seen a finished shell, but it looks to be bigger than the Freelander 2, but not quite as big as the original Range Rover Sport. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #224915 16th May 2014 8:10 am
pab

Mav71 wrote:
Your not seeing the whole picture here. The 2015MY Freelanders are a run out range with limited models. So the bottom of the range cars have been discontinued. So it is not a true reflection of where the Freelander's prices starts from as it is an end of life model.

The whole picture is exactly what I am looking at. This trick is not exactly unheard of in the automotive industry - you hike the base price of the outgoing model so that the jump to the new model, when it appears at an even higher price, doesn't look as big as it really is. Car manufacturers have been doing this sort of thing for decades, and I would now be very surprised if the Sport comes in at much less than 30K.

Quote:
But you are incorrect about the Defender being the true replacement for the FL2. The Discovery Sport is the official replacement for the Freelander 2.

The official replacement, yes. But if you're in the market for a 25K Freelander GS a 30K Sport is not going to be an option, so at that end of the market the Sport is not going to replace the Freelander - that job will have to be done by Defender or, more likely, another marque altogether. The Sport looks to be to the FL2 what the FL2 was to the FL1 - and that's not a true replacement.

Last edited by pab on 16th May 2014 8:45 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #224919 16th May 2014 8:38 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

For anyone fortunate enough to have taken Mike @ LR up on his offer of complimentary tickets for the Royal Windsor Horse Show, the new Discovery Concept will be on display in the Land Rover Hospitality enclosure. I for one am looking forward to having a good nose at it, and will try and post some pictures at the end of the weekend. Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #224920 16th May 2014 8:39 am
pab

Jeremy @ Hadley Green LR wrote:
Remember the jump from Freelander 1 in terms of spec/ size/ price when Freelander 2 came out. We are in a very similar position in that the final Freelander 1's where special editions (Adventurer, Freestyle, etc)

Exactly, yes. The run-out FL1s were special editions priced to set expectations for the FL2, which then appeared at a higher price point than the FL1 had occupied. That's precisely what I think we're seeing with the FL2 and Sport now.

Post #224921 16th May 2014 8:43 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

This is no different to the life cycle of (for example) the family size Fords starting with the Cortina - it went through Mk1, 2, 3 & 4; then Sierra in various guises; then Mondeo - and still going..... Every time the car got bigger and pricier. I guess it is a means of meeting the aspirational needs of the original buyer - offering him a bigger/flashier/more specced model each time he changes, but encouraging him to keep with the brand.
The Land Rover has just started on a higher rung of the ladder and some of us cannot keep up! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #224924 16th May 2014 9:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>