Home > For Sale & Wanted > number plate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
number plate

Maybe someone is interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Landrover-Freelander...dZViewItem FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20266 16th May 2008 8:40 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

hmmmm..... Im sure PC Plod would enjoy pulling a FL2 with this illegal reg plate on Evil or Very Mad Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #20267 16th May 2008 8:56 am
Matei

Sorry did not know the plate was illegal Embarassed FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20268 16th May 2008 8:57 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Matei wrote:
Sorry did not know the plate was illegal Embarassed

Matei, the number is L22 TDA, but the A has been 'adjusted' to look like a 4. In the UK there are rules about displaying that number correctly, so this is what makes this plate unlawful. Not that you would believe it driving around, there are many number plates that have been 'adjusted' to make them read differently from what they really are. But if you have an 'adjusted' number it is a good excuse for the police to pull you over.

Post #20269 16th May 2008 9:28 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

In the UK the police are trying to clamp down on motorists who slightly alter letters or numbers to make them read something else (ie - altering the shape of the 'A' to make it look more like a '4'. If a vehicle bearing this plate was involved in a crime or accident it would be difficult for an eye witness to accuately read the plate. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #20270 16th May 2008 9:29 am
ValetecDavid

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

na not special enough makes you car look like a L reg at a quick glance,we have CRX 974 cool number i have had since i was 18 it has been on 5 crxs , a honda prelude, an integra type R, 1 FL1, and next year it will go on the FL2
we also have H9 SLY on the aero i used to have R8 DLL but stupidly sold it with a car,i love cherrished numbers because i think they look good on cars but my Dad thinks they are pretentious and hates them

PS i am going to buy P4 WAX for the van or i did think of V41 TEC (Valetec Auto Detailing) thats me Wax on Wax off

Post #20300 16th May 2008 5:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
avtur

shilen wrote:
In the UK the police are trying to clamp down on motorists who slightly alter letters or numbers to make them read something else (ie - altering the shape of the 'A' to make it look more like a '4'. If a vehicle bearing this plate was involved in a crime or accident it would be difficult for an eye witness to accuately read the plate.

Not sure I agree with this.(Thats polite for disagree!)

I think that a corrupted plate might well turn out to be much MORE likely to be remembered. If the corrupted plate spells out something that is familiar or recognisable for some reason then I think there is a far better chance it would be rembered for instance, by a witness to a crash (much better chance than if it was ab 123 abc etc). Given that we know how the corruptions work a 4 for an A or 11 with a dot for H etc, etc you know what I mean, we've all seen them.

So I say that corrupting the plate may well have the effect of of making a vehicle far more identifiable, and after all that is exactly why we have plates on cars. I say all this having been a plod and interviewed ... rather a lot of witnesses post accident.

Now I know that the official view can only be that a plate should be totally compliant with the law. but in reality I think you'll find that corrupted plates are a bit of a double edged sword.

Post #20306 16th May 2008 8:10 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

We have S4 HRL which is sort of 'Shirl' for Mrs G . I wanted to get her D11ARF for dwarf as she is a short arse Laughing (I secretly got 'dwarfie' engraved on her wedding ring,luckily she saw the funny side Laughing )
I was pleased to see the fl2 has a rectangular rear number plate as opposed to a square one as private plates don't often work so well on square plates.
My own spells my initial and surname with just one letter missing, A vanity thing yes but why not looks good to me Thumbs Up

Personally I would never tinker with the spacings or bolt placings etc, several people in our area have been by the local police for this and made to put things right. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20311 16th May 2008 9:23 pm
muddywheels

England 

Saw a stornoway grey FL2 HSE with bodykit yesterday with LA51 FKR Shocked

Anyone on the forum?

Post #20312 16th May 2008 9:34 pm
avtur

muddywheels wrote:
Saw a stornoway grey FL2 HSE with bodykit yesterday with LA51 FKR Shocked

Anyone on the forum?

Absolutely not .... we all work FAR too hard to pay for our FL2's ....

Post #20314 16th May 2008 9:57 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Never been a big fan of private plates but have found that trying to think up 'normal plates' that subtly relate to cars I like has been a good way of getting back to sleep in the early hours of the morning. For example I'd like for a grey MGTF 'X9O WER' and for my Mini Cooper 35th Anniversary 'R110 DES' (after John Rhodes) except it's a P reg so I couldn't use it!

About 18 months ago came up with 'BY 04 FAR' as a good one for any Land Rover. Remembered it a couple of months after buying the FL2 in December, checked out if it was available to find that it was and plucked up the courage to buy it from DVLA's agent. It's now on the FL2. I like it because it's not obvious and only people who really understand and know about Land Rover will understand it. (A guy over on Disco3 spotted us on the M18 and posted about it - which made my day and caused my wife to further question why she ever married me!) The other 99% of the population will either not notice it or think my wife is called Betty Yang, I'm called Farquar Abdul Rodgers and we have four kids. If you see us in Manchester give us a wave!

DT

Post #20319 17th May 2008 6:36 am
J T

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

DT wrote:
The other 99% of the population will either not notice it or think my wife is called Betty Yang, I'm called Farquar Abdul Rodgers and we have four kids. If you see us in Manchester give us a wave!

DT

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #20329 17th May 2008 1:44 pm
techauthorbob

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Narvik Black

I've got a GS ,07 with YG07OWK (why go to work), as I only work part time its very suitable for me.

Post #22304 14th Jun 2008 1:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Matei

techauthorbob wrote:
I've got a GS ,07 with YG07OWK (why go to work), as I only work part time its very suitable for me.

Nice plate but I would say that it would be more suitable on a RRV or RRS. Rolling with laughter Than they might preffer YBO7OWK (why bother to work) Rolling with laughter FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #22308 14th Jun 2008 1:40 pm
GWO

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I choose a private plate because the current UK system of new numbers every 6 months in my view ages a car far too quickly. Therefore your first impressions of the car are based on its appearance and not on its number plate.

Post #22324 15th Jun 2008 12:33 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1