Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Minor door dent removal?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mork

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver
Minor door dent removal?

She got hurt today ...ahhhhh Big Cry

Came back to the Fl2 found a minor dent in the driver door, looks like someone opened the back door of theirs and dented mine (and as is the case these days no note! grrrrrrrrrr).

Has anyone used these mobile dent remover companies in the Berks area or Halfords? Are they any good? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Post #21212 29th May 2008 7:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have previously used a company called Dent Solutions, but i think theses are just leeds based.

I got there number from Chipsaway, they usually work in partnership.

If your car was parked near any CCTV, see if the culprit is on there and report it to the police as they will normally help in these situations, after all they drove away from a accident without leaving their details. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21215 29th May 2008 7:43 pm
KKTD4S

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Mork
Last year my TR6 was attacked by a reversing motorcycle! This resulted in a small dent in the lower rear wing. John Towersey from Dent devils came to my home address and did an amazing repair. He is contactable on 07793 795747. I think he is based in Basingstoke. Worth a try. Good Luck.

Red TR6. 2.5 litre staright 6 with mechanical fuel injection.36 years old. Taking it to Le-Mans in 12 days time.(minus the dent)

Post #21289 30th May 2008 5:04 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

KKTD4S wrote:
Mork
Last year my TR6 was attacked by a reversing motorcycle! This resulted in a small dent in the lower rear wing. John Towersey from Dent devils came to my home address and did an amazing repair. He is contactable on 07793 795747. I think he is based in Basingstoke. Worth a try. Good Luck.

Red TR6. 2.5 litre staright 6 with mechanical fuel injection.36 years old. Taking it to Le-Mans in 12 days time.(minus the dent)

Now you must tell us how Le Mans was Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21291 30th May 2008 5:31 pm
mork

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Thanks for the suggestions Razz

Post #21301 30th May 2008 9:21 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Perhaps we should start a Le Mans thread, as I will be going down to the Le Mans Classic with a 1934 Aston, that actually raced there, towed behind - Yes, you guessed- a Freelander 2.
Once we are on the other side and if the weather is good for the journey down we plan to drive the Aston down through France, as they probably did back in the 30`s with the Freelander and trailer running as backup just in case.
I can`t wait!!!!!! Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #21314 30th May 2008 10:41 pm
Matei

nicam wrote:
Perhaps we should start a Le Mans thread, as I will be going down to the Le Mans Classic with a 1934 Aston, that actually raced there, towed behind - Yes, you guessed- a Freelander 2.
Once we are on the other side and if the weather is good for the journey down we plan to drive the Aston down through France, as they probably did back in the 30`s with the Freelander and trailer running as backup just in case.
I can`t wait!!!!!!

If it would have been a FL1 you probably would end up towing the FL1 with your Aston Laughing
Have fun Thumbs Up
Photos would surely be apreciated and a Le Mans in theOff Topic does sound a good ideea to me Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21326 31st May 2008 9:50 am
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Not my Aston - I wish! Belongs to a friend who`s father bought it in the early 60`s from a chap who`s wife made him sell it when she got pregnant and the ride was too rough for her, then it was passed down from father to son.
And now he RACES it!!!! Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #21334 31st May 2008 2:16 pm
Matei

No matter. I would still ike to see a photo of the 34' Aston. Allways asked myself how you manage with the petrol as when they built it it was leaded and now yu cannot find antying with lead unless it's a pecil.
So did you put a cathalyser and made the necessary changes on the engine's fireying times or are you just using unleaded as there is no harmfull difference?
Are you using aditives for the fuel?
Allways been fascinated by the real old classics. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21337 31st May 2008 2:58 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Mork, there exists an organisation called "the dent doctor". Just look in your yellow pages. As long as your dent did not damage the paint-work they can remove the dent with special tools, and at the end of the day you cannot locate the dent anymore. Cost-wise they charge between EURO 50 and 80 in Germany.

P.S. by the way, I keep an oldtimer Aston Martin DB 4 in British racing green, which I bought in London in August 1970 and imported it into Germany when I finnished my studies (law - LLM, University of Eaton) in England. I love it and I will never sell it, if I can mange. The paint has seen nothing else than the products from Petzoldts. And the paint is original!!! - No welding! And I have an extrordinary good Aston Martin work shop nearby.

YF

Post #21400 1st Jun 2008 6:48 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I've used the Leeds Dent Devils to take a ding out of the door on my merc. I honestly can't see where it was now so I can thoroughly recommend them. Sadly some Censored has put another one in my front wing so I need them back.
I had a quote from Halfords over the weekend (whilst I was there). They quote based on a size chart and 1mm outside the £60 range and into £110 area. I'm going to ring the guy who did it last time as I imagine the indies will quote more on effort required and what they think rather than a fixed system, plus he did a good job last time so I have some loyalty to him. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #21406 1st Jun 2008 7:32 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

yamaha-fan wrote:

P.S. by the way, I keep an oldtimer Aston Martin DB 4 in British racing green, which I bought in London in August 1970 and imported it into Germany when I finnished my studies (law - LLM, University of Eaton) in England. I love it and I will never sell it, if I can mange. The paint has seen nothing else than the products from Petzoldts. And the paint is original!!! - No welding! And I have an extrordinary good Aston Martin work shop nearby.

YF

Sounds like it time to get the camera out YF Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21411 1st Jun 2008 7:43 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

KKTD4S wrote:
Mork

Just used him on this recommendation. Excellent results and good price too. He mentioned that one of the hardest cars to work on is the Disco3. Phil

Post #21994 10th Jun 2008 12:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1