« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > noises below floor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Allan

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
noises below floor

Black SE devloped a strange noise yesterday, related to road speed but not engine speed, and worse when suspension compressed. Crying or Very sad
Trying to work out what could have caused it I remembered that twice yesterday I went through a 30mt long puddle about 250mm deep, at slow speed.
'Phoned our dealer at 3.15pm to ask if anyone could have a look (listen) and they said to come over at 3.45 and service manager would come out for a ride with me to check. He thought it might be a shield of some sort come dislodged so back to the dealers, he took it to the workshop, checked below and discoverd an aluminium shiled has bent and was rubbing on the propshaft. Fixed it there and then and by 4.10 is was on my way back home.
Excellent service from Chipperfield Land Rover Very Happy Very Happy 2009 Grey HSE Auto
Gone;
2006 Black FL2 SE manual
2007 Silver FL2 GS commercial manual.

Post #21046 27th May 2008 5:37 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Probably the the dealer checked but you might want to keep an ear for abnormat shaft noises.
Did they gave you any reason for this happening? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21049 27th May 2008 5:47 pm
Allan

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

No, just said that it was probably moved by the water. Thanks for the tip I'll keep an ear out for any propshaft noises, although all seemed quiet on the way home from the dealers. 2009 Grey HSE Auto
Gone;
2006 Black FL2 SE manual
2007 Silver FL2 GS commercial manual.

Post #21050 27th May 2008 5:50 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

This is a fairly common occurence and has been covered before during the last flood problems. it is an alumin ium heat shield that gets bent out of shape due to pressure from water under the car. Thumbs Up

Post #21064 27th May 2008 8:58 pm
Marcus

Switzerland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Morning folks,

Been a while since I posted anything here, but work has kept me busy. As our FL2 will be delivered in the next 3 weeks or so (Geneva, Switzerland), I've been scanning the forum again for tips, concerns, etc. As usual, the forum is a wealth of good info!

The most interesting I found so far is about adding 2-tact oil to a full tank of diesel! NO problems reported with this so far by those of you who actually do this?

As far as concerns about reliability and quality, I'd like to believe all problems posted here are exceptions to the rule. However, I'm beginning to see a lot of "this is a common problem" ... "exactly the same happened to me", etc ..... the list of problems, ranging from electrical faults to mechanical issues (e.g. noises below the floor, creaking struts, etc) seems disturbingly long!

Please tell me I did the right thing to swap my trusted BMW 320d (E90) for the new FL2! Love the FL2 looks, and was duly impressed during the multiple testdrives ....

Cheers,
Marcus

Post #21111 28th May 2008 10:37 am
Matei

Marcus wrote:
Morning folks,

Been a while since I posted anything here, but work has kept me busy. As our FL2 will be delivered in the next 3 weeks or so (Geneva, Switzerland), I've been scanning the forum again for tips, concerns, etc. As usual, the forum is a wealth of good info!

The most interesting I found so far is about adding 2-tact oil to a full tank of diesel! NO problems reported with this so far by those of you who actually do this?

As far as concerns about reliability and quality, I'd like to believe all problems posted here are exceptions to the rule. However, I'm beginning to see a lot of "this is a common problem" ... "exactly the same happened to me", etc ..... the list of problems, ranging from electrical faults to mechanical issues (e.g. noises below the floor, creaking struts, etc) seems disturbingly long!

Please tell me I did the right thing to swap my trusted BMW 320d (E90) for the new FL2! Love the FL2 looks, and was duly impressed during the multiple testdrives ....

Cheers,
Marcus

Welcome back. Don't worry you did the right thing Thumbs Up
I have put 2T oil and no problem whatsover until now. Have abt 3000 Km.
I would say that "this is a common problem" rather means tha it is a problem that LR is aware of and make no fuss when you go to the dealer. Might be that in meantime they are using a better quality shield so the problem might not necessarily appear at all the FL2. Also I see that we are abt 950 members and I would say abt 700 have bought a FL2 so that if say 5 or even 10 have experienced this problem this would still mean not even 1,5 %. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21113 28th May 2008 10:52 am
Marcus

Thanks for the confidence boost!

End July we'll drive the new FL2 down to Barcelona from Geneva, spend some time with the family, then hop on the ferry to Mallorca for some FL2 initiation trips to semi-inaccessible coves ....

Counting the remaining days till delivery!

Post #21121 28th May 2008 1:40 pm
Matei

Bit more of wading depth and you could have spared the ferry money. Laughing
Don't worry you will enjoy your FL2 (it's in the sale contract under compilsory).
I enjoy mine every day. and don't forget Switzerland might not win the EU cup but the FL2 will win your heart Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21140 28th May 2008 6:39 pm
Marcus

No worries about the EU Cup, Matei! Am Dutch, so I'll be celebrating Holland winning the Cup in FL2 style! Laughing

Post #21149 28th May 2008 10:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1