Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Main Dealer second hand prices?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
elevatordude70

Main Dealer second hand prices?

Just pondering a few things whilst emptying kids money boxes to put into my FL2 fund.. How much has anyone knocked a main dealer down by on a used FL2, if anything was my first thought. Is the main dealer the best place for a used model or is the internet e.g. Autobytel the way to go.
I am also very surpised that there are so few reliability/complaints about the FL2 on this forum, either Land Rover have paid you lot to keep quiet or this is one very sorted machine. I suspect the latter is true by the way Razz

Post #20505 20th May 2008 6:21 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I've owned both Freelanders the 2 is vastly improved, in short its just not related to the 1 in any respect. I'm sure fl2's will breakdown and weak points will be found just as with any car. But the risk of major trouble is so much less than with an fl1. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #20508 20th May 2008 6:42 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Wish LR would have paid me off - would have got a RRS HSE with all the extras, sold it got a FL2 HSE with even more extras and all the diesel I would have needed. Did not work out Big Cry
All cars have problems it's just us who do not have any problems worth mentioning of Very Happy
FL2 seems to be a huge improovment on the F1.
Give Ebay a try I saw some nice motors there or surely some of the well thought dealers over here would gladly give you an option. Why not try Charles Hurst a try I see they are well thought here. Maybe you will find that yiou can afford stock new? Will depend off course of the spec you want. Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20512 20th May 2008 7:05 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I bought a used FL2 from a dealer.
Didn't so much knock him down as get a pretty good deal on P/X, much more than they offered.

The good thing about buying from a dealer is if anything goes wrong, they have all the facilities and (supposedly) knowhow to fix it, give you a loan car etc etc.

Mine was about 6 months old, 4000 on clock, looks and drives like new inside and out, but almost 5 grand less than new price.

Post #20513 20th May 2008 7:09 pm
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I think the dealers will always be a bit steep on their used prices but will probably offer more for a tidy p/ex than an internet based trader. The main thing with buying used is getting the 'ideal' spec. I'd have gone that route if they had the right combination used car. I couldn't find what I wanted in their new stock either.

Like earlier comment, I had an FL1 for 6 years from new, but I had very few problems (probably a Monday morning car). Agree that FL1 and FL2 don't compare, but there is a decade between their designs and technology and expectations have changed vastly over that period. When the FL1 was launched, there was nothing to touch it, in it's class - I tried them all, and it was the only one that felt special.

It's not perfect, but the FL2 works - straight out of the box. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #20585 21st May 2008 12:53 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I didn't manage to knock anything off the used price but then the price was so good anyway I wasn't that bothered. I'd rung a few other dealers and when I told them what they were offering, they all said 'take it'. So in the end I did.
I intended to squeaze a few extras out of them - mats/flaps etc but it turned out to be an ex demo and had everything on my ask for list plus a few bits I hadn't thought of, which took the wind out of my sails and I just signed the order form.
I was able to haggle a good few points off the finance though. I quoted them a figure from the bank which was way below what they'd first quoted and they managed to beat it. On checking at home later I realised the bank figure was wrong and actually it was higher than I'd said so it turned out to be a really good deal Thumbs Up

As for reliability - a couple of very minor niggles but nothing of consequence. I'd class it as a good solid reliable motor thats also very good to drive. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #20593 21st May 2008 3:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1