« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > i6 test drive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
i6 test drive

The first i6's arrived for test drive in Greece. I had a go on Wensday. The car is fantastic!

I had test driven the diesel a few days ago. I was enthusiastic then as well, but this time I'm thrilled! I must admit that I thought that the diesel should be a bit more powerful, and this is the gap that the i6 fills. And the auto box is just great! No creaking sounds inside - or from the moon roof which it had. We drove with up to 170km/h (100mph) - it gives you the feeling you travel with 100km/h (60mph) at that speed - I tried the 'kick-down feature, as well as auto sport mode and command shift! The car is just great! Let me also tell you that it was the first time I was driving an auto (I've been a manual fun) but I had no problem orientating with the auto. We tried the car on gravel (just a bit): great suspension, and terain response is a great help. The steering felt just right as well, maybe due to the heavier engine at the front (it felt just a bit light on the diesel, although I got used to it in just a minute). Finally average consumption, with gas pedal on floor most of the time, at 15,4lt/100km. Not too bad, I believe (no comparison with 37mpg for the diesel though).

My only problem during the test drive? The young lady next to me (Land rover sales) was so beautiful that I needed some extra mental strength to concentrate on the vehicle. So Freelander 2 almost had my full attention.

Many thanks to Land Rover North Athens for their excellent pre-sales service and to Land Rover UK for building such a spirited and well-made premium car!

Last edited by defkalion on 22nd Mar 2007 8:20 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2017 16th Mar 2007 10:10 am
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the detailed review! I am awaiting delivery of my i6 HSE next month and this is great to hear. I am extremely jealous of your LR rep...I can assure you my sales rep does not seem to be in the same league...at least physically speaking!

I have always been curious as to how LR prices their vehicles for different markets. Perhaps LR pricing is proportional to the attractiveness of the rep?? Whistle

Post #2034 17th Mar 2007 4:55 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1