« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear Parking sensors going beserk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Freddy

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver
Rear Parking sensors going beserk

My rear parking sensors have taken to beeping as soon as I go into reverse when there is absolutely nothing behind me! They will continue to beep on and off for a few minutes and then stop. The problem is that it is only doing it intermittently, I could go into reverse a few times and it will do it and then a few hours later it won't! I've checked that there's no dirt / obstruction on the sensors, I haven't been hit, seems to be a fault in the sensors.

Has anyone else been having this problem? “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #20288 16th May 2008 2:42 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Re: Rear Parking sensors going beserk

Freddy wrote:
My rear parking sensors have taken to beeping as soon as I go into reverse when there is absolutely nothing behind me! They will continue to beep on and off for a few minutes and then stop. The problem is that it is only doing it intermittently, I could go into reverse a few times and it will do it and then a few hours later it won't! I've checked that there's no dirt / obstruction on the sensors, I haven't been hit, seems to be a fault in the sensors.

Has anyone else been having this problem?

Were you off-road as mine are doing the same when in high grass?
If not maybe this helps
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic616.html?...ng+sensors FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20289 16th May 2008 3:00 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Sorry if this sounds stupid but when you angaged reverse gear was something in front of you? When you engage reverse the front sensors (if fitted) also engage and will beep. I get it everytime I reverse off my driveway, nothing behind me but the missus's car in front sets them off. Interestingly beeps from the front speakers are for the front sensor and rear speaker beeps are for the rear speakers. Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #20292 16th May 2008 4:07 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

shilen wrote:
Sorry if this sounds stupid but when you angaged reverse gear was something in front of you? When you engage reverse the front sensors (if fitted) also engage and will beep. I get it everytime I reverse off my driveway, nothing behind me but the missus's car in front sets them off. Interestingly beeps from the front speakers are for the front sensor and rear speaker beeps are for the rear speakers. Thumbs Up

ot stupid at all. Well noted Thumbs Up
The sensors are activated even if people are passin in front or near the car so if the car is parked in a croved areea sensors will get off. THe obstacle can even be angled and sensors will sound.
Anyway if it's a sensor fault make a termin with the dealrs and the fault will surely not replicate Laughing
Sometimes these things cure themselves. Other times they get worse so even the dealer will notice but it's definately better to have the sensors going off all the time than having them mute. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20296 16th May 2008 4:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1