« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Lloyd Carlisle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 
Lloyd Carlisle

Just PX'd the lovely Mildred FR2 SE 2.2TD Sumatra Black for FR2 11 MY HSE 2.2TD in Santorini Black. Had fantastic service from Scott Holliday. Lloyds matched Kentdale's price (Kentdale saleman was REALLY nice) but threw in GAP and a new towbar. Ripon LR were 2K more expensive... Food for thought???
If anyone is after a much loved FR2 then check out Lloyds- I really want Mildred to go to a loving new home (anthropomorphic, I know!)...she'll be arriving there beginning of March.

Post #88254 16th Jan 2011 12:50 pm
athelstan

Re: Lloyd Carlisle

MightyMildred wrote:
I really want Mildred to go to a loving new home (anthropomorphic, I know!)...she'll be arriving there beginning of March.

Indeed anthropomorphic; however naming the entity "Mildred", one could conclude that your christening was closer to a symbolic execration. Wink

Post #88281 16th Jan 2011 4:15 pm
spikynorman

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black
Excellent service

I have just part ex'd an Audi A2 for an 07 plate HSE and the whole purchase experience from Lloyds has been excellent. I got a decent value for the Audi, the Free lander I purchased was in excellent condition and had been well prepared by Lloyds. I should say that I have been Free lander hunting for a while and seen some shocking prep by main dealers. Chad the sales man was excellent, patient, knowledgeable and willing to hold the car whilst I drove up 150 miles to the garage. I got a excellent test drive and was very happy. When we returned to finalise the purchase of the vehicle, we could not see it on the forecourt. When we went into the garage we were told that, when they had gone through all the paper work that morning they had noticed that the car was about due for a service, so they were servicing it.
All in all we got an excellent vehicle, for a really good price, from a garage who provided an excellent service. Would I use them again, most definitely; would I recommended them, yes with out hesitation. Thumbs Up

Post #107163 7th Jul 2011 8:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue

MARCH Question MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE - MY11 TD4 HSE LAGO GREY Privacy Glass

GONE- 08 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 07 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 04 Silver

Post #107167 7th Jul 2011 8:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Big thanks to Lloyd Land Rover & Roy Holliday.
Bye bye Lloyd at the end of the month...
Hello to "Eva"...
Great deal, 2K better than anywhere else.
Good test drive and Mr MM has invite to test drive supercharged RRS.
MM

Post #202248 7th Oct 2013 7:58 pm
ad210358

England 

Eva Evoque Question Are we saying goodbye as you will be over on babyrr Question p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #202323 8th Oct 2013 2:57 pm
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Hi Ad12345,
Oh... It's with an incredibly heavy heart that Im going over to babyrr.
HOWEVER, it's only temporary as I intend on having a new FL3 in 2015.
Big Cry
MM

Post #202330 8th Oct 2013 3:52 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Don't grieve, MM. ad has already moved to a D4! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #202332 8th Oct 2013 4:09 pm
ad210358

England 

Don't forget to pop back in from time to time and tell how you wish you had replaced Lloyd with Lloyd .2 and it was a mistake getting Eva Thumbs Up

Dunkley, But I didn't defect to an Evoque, but may well be on the lookout when the Freelander 3, Disco Sport makes an appearance. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #202333 8th Oct 2013 4:12 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thumbs Up The mats are still doing their job by the way... 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #202334 8th Oct 2013 4:16 pm
ad210358

England 

Jolly good, still get that smile at the traffic lights with the van an the back and a Saxo tries it on Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #202335 8th Oct 2013 4:23 pm
heliosuk

I'm quite sure you will be welcome over at babyrr .com and the Evoque owners club. I am sure its members will give an equivalent amount of support and banter.
Sadly all car models will die at some point....just a shame LR didn't introduce the SI4 petrol engine into the UK for 13model year.

Post #202565 9th Oct 2013 10:29 pm
j77

Scotland 

I defected to the Evoque Embarassed

But came back with my tail between my legs.

Nice car to drive though. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #202720 11th Oct 2013 2:51 pm
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black
Lloyd of Carlisle & Land Rover 'Approved Used' vehicles

I know that some of you have read of my recent car-purchase issues before. The purpose of this post is not to bore you but simply give prospective purchasers a heads-up regarding Lloyd. Some information from my previous posts on different threads has been repeated for the sake of clarity and completeness.

In January this year I bought an “Approved Used” 60 plate 57K FL2 GS for £14500 from Lloyd of Carlisle. The car, PX60XXT, was advertised with a “full and complete LR service history”. I requested the service history and noted that the brake fluid had not been changed at month 36 – Lloyd agreed to do this. I bought the car ‘at distance’ and drove a very long way to collect it.

After a couple of weeks I lifted the bonnet for the first time and found virtually every metal surface in the engine bay to be corroded. I took it to my local LR dealer (Caffyns, Lewes) - they confirmed that the corrosion was excessive and suggested I return the car to Lloyd for a refund.

I posted my experience on this forum and on the whole found a lot of support and good advice. I even spoke with the car's original owner who could not have been more helpful.

I contacted Lloyd and they declined to refund me, instead offering me the choice of three other cars or for the corrosion on ‘my’ car to be repaired. I pointed out that under the SoGA I was more than entitled to a refund and indeed LR’s own “Approved Used” warranty offered refund should a ‘demonstrable fault be identified which cannot be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction’. Lloyd would not budge and I accepted one of the three cars in exchange, priced on their website at £15700.

Again, the car was described as having a “full and complete LR service history”. I asked for the service history and again saw that the brake fluid had not been changed at month 36 and the service at month 48 had been an A, not B. When challenged, Lloyd agreed to rectify this.

I travelled a very long way (again) to exchange the car and returned with a 10 plate 31K FL2 GS with an invoiced price (I later noticed) of £12900. The car had 25K less miles but was 6 months older than the previous one. Lloyd gave me a tank of fuel and some second hand rubber mats.

On the way home I noticed that the car sounded somehow different to the previous one. Feeling a little paranoid, I took it to Caffyns again. After a test drive of less than 5 minutes their mechanic diagnosed a problem with the rear differential bearing.

By now I had had enough. I wanted my money back or as an option to restore my faith in both the car and brand asked that the warranty be extended to 24 months, in line with a promotion that Land Rover were then running.

Lloyd flatly refused either and instead offered only to pay for the diff repairs at Caffyns.

I reached out to Mike at Land Rover via this forum. He was of no help whatsoever. I know that for some of you Mike has been useful but my experience of him and his supervisor was a complete waste of my time. LR had no interest in helping me and considered it quite acceptable that one of their dealers had sold me two faulty cars in a row, both with incomplete (but advertised as otherwise) service histories. We now know of course, via another thread, that LR are quite happy for their dealers to sell a car with no service history at all providing it is ‘brought up to date prior to sale’ – this car will then be considered to have a “full and complete LR service history”. Make of that what you will.

Further, LR point-blank refused to intervene in a situation where one of their own dealers was refusing to honour their own “Approved Used” warranty terms.

So, this is where I’m at and what I’ve learned.

The second car has been repaired by Caffyns, who couldn’t have been more courteous and efficient. So far, so good.

Although their salesmen have been pleasant enough, I’m afraid I wouldn’t trust Lloyd again and can’t recommend them. Their service department failed dismally in preparing two consecutive cars for sale and when called out, their grandly-titled ‘dealer principle’ refused to refund me either under the SoGA or Land Rover’s own warranty, despite it being an implicit and boldly featured warranty condition.
Lloyd’s idea of a complete, full LR service history is somewhat different to mine.
Their pricing policy too is curious – I started off paying £14500 and ended up with a car which went from £15700 to £12900 overnight.
As an aside, the first corroded car, PX60XXT, went back on sale on Lloyd’s website almost immediately - up from £14500 when I bought it to £15900. Look out, someone.

Land Rover customer service couldn’t have been more disinterested. They are happy to support which conditions of their “Approved Used” warranty suit them at the time and some of their patronising emails beggar belief.

Interestingly, if you Google the words “land rover approved used warranty is a joke” one of the top results is from someone complaining about poor pre-sale vehicle preparation from Lloyd of Carlisle. Spooky…

Some members of this forum have been especially supportive, others not so. Some have found my issues amusing, others have been fairly hostile.

I am not without fault, I know. As an example, I should of course have looked under the bonnet of the first car before I drove it away. I was naive and trusted the whole “Approved Used Land Rover” schtick far too much.

This is not my first Land Rover but regrettably may well be my last. I know that no brand or dealer is perfect but this ‘experience’ has been too much for me.

I hope that the FL2 I have now will be OK and I can get past this and enjoy the car, which in itself I love.

YMMV.

Post #223520 29th Apr 2014 10:40 pm
nicedayforit

^ Lloyd of Carlisle is my local Dealer. Saying no more Wink Thumbs Up

Post #223539 30th Apr 2014 9:32 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1