« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Turbo hose clamp
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
spitfire

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red
Turbo hose clamp

Last sunday while negotiating a roundabout there was a very loud bang from under the bonnet then huge amounts of black smoke out the rear,loss of power and very rough running, Censored was the comment,we have blown the turbo!managed to drive a few Klms to my daughters in 1st gear,auto box did not like it either.Next day organised a tilt tray to Land Rover in Newcastle,expecting the worst $$$$$,later that day i got a phonecall to tell me my FL2 was ready,that was quick,what was the problem??The problem was a $2 hose clamp turbo end of the turbo to intercooler pipe/hose,the clamp had snaped!!
Thinking this could happen while climbing a mountain somewhere in the great outdors i have decided to replace ALL hose clamps with T Bolt SS clamps as they are the best,and not expensive...Ebay has em...by the way i could not find any evidence of a FL2 turbo failure on the internet any where! cheers

Post #192435 24th Jul 2013 8:18 am
Alan7140

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

Frame the parts receipt. It'll probably be the only time a Land Rover breakdown lets you off that easy! Laughing

Handy thing to know as well, I'd have probably thought the same thing at the time as well, and equally i've also never seen a reference on the Internet of a FL2 turbo letting go.

Post #192552 25th Jul 2013 4:52 am
Luckygrizzly

Australia 

What size t-clamp did you need??.. sound like something to buy and throw in the tool box...just in case 2008 TD4 ripe for mods

Post #196117 22nd Aug 2013 10:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1