« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > The cost of Fuel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wreckerl

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black
The cost of Fuel

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting 121.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.30 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol/diesal on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take a ggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

Post #18805 28th Apr 2008 9:46 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Seeing as the Oil Majors supply the supermarkets this is somewhat pointless............................................ How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #18807 28th Apr 2008 9:55 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I agree with you there Tim Exclamation

And whilst we are sending out 3 Million emails the email servers will go down and then we wouldn't be able to any work Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18811 28th Apr 2008 10:33 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Why oh why do people think that it is the oil companies that are to blame for the high fuel prices.

If anyone with a brain cell would stop and think for one minute, they will see that nearly 80% of the price is TAX that is paid direct to our government.

If petrol "was" £1.30 a litre, then £1.04 of that goes straight to our government as TAX, which is made up of FUEL TAX & VAT. The remaining balance of nearly 30p is split between the oil company and the garage that sells it.

Oil companies such as BP, Shell and all the others make their vast profits from other industries. On average it costs over $250,000 PER DAY to run an oil rig.

And if anyone is interested, Diesel manufacture is running at maximum, and with more & more people turning to Diesel fuel there is now a world shortage of it hence why the price of Diesel keeps going up.......it's called "supply and demand". The advise in the industry is to covert back to petrol. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #18817 28th Apr 2008 12:35 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Agreed the world oil price is not set by the oil companies just by supply/demand. Ok oil companies can try and increase production to help balance supply/demand. But that's more down to the countries that own the oil rather than the guys who drill for it. Our stupid Censored government should decrease the fuel duty to make it easier for UK companies to compete in the world market, otherwise we will have no jobs to earn money from in order to pay for any fuel at all.
All the 'climate change' excuses do not hold water at all as once UK firms go under, then I'm sure the Chinese etc will happily take over production without giving a damn about emmisions etc At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #18820 28th Apr 2008 12:47 pm
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
PETROL PRICES

The reason that prices are so high is that the oil producers limit production and our useless government tax the hell out of us in petrol duty.The way to solve the issue is to Nuke all the oil producing countries and take over all the oil production! Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #18825 28th Apr 2008 1:55 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: PETROL PRICES

commando wrote:
The reason that prices are so high is that the oil producers limit production and our useless government tax the hell out of us in petrol duty.The way to solve the issue is to Nuke all the oil producing countries and take over all the oil production!

I would have thought Commando's would want to go in hand to hand with daggers held in their teeth Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18832 28th Apr 2008 2:36 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I filled my car up at Sainsburys at the weekend and using a 5p/litre voucher saved £2.75! Smile Yes I know its not much but its better than a kick in the Censored .

Perhaps us forum members should chip in to buy a second hand oil tanker? We could send it across the water and fill it up with cheap diesel and then bring it back and sell it to forum members at a reasonable price, will just need to park it up outside someones house (im sure ChickenGeorge will help us out!!) Rolling with laughter Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #18833 28th Apr 2008 2:39 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

The thing that worries me right now is what is Alasdair Darling going to do to recover the £50million a day in lost tax revenue that he now doesn't have to spend...................................... he should be threatening the Unions and the refinery owner with a claim for the lost money, that would concentrate their minds a bit. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #18834 28th Apr 2008 2:42 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

shilen wrote:
I filled my car up at Sainsburys at the weekend and using a 5p/litre voucher saved £2.75! Smile Yes I know its not much but its better than a kick in the Censored .

Perhaps us forum members should chip in to buy a second hand oil tanker? We could send it across the water and fill it up with cheap diesel and then bring it back and sell it to forum members at a reasonable price, will just need to park it up outside someones house (im sure ChickenGeorge will help us out!!) Rolling with laughter

Get a capital one cash back card too 4% discount! ok its only 4% for the first three months but as te Censored co like to say "every little helps"
And yes please bring me a tanker full of fuel I will look after it very well Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Last edited by chicken george on 28th Apr 2008 9:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #18838 28th Apr 2008 3:17 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Quote:
he should be threatening the Unions and the refinery owner with a claim for the lost money, that would concentrate their minds a bit.

I think BP are already thinking along those lines Whistle ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #18855 28th Apr 2008 6:22 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I heard on the news that the guy who owns Eneos (and has an awful lot of debt......... like £90 million worth) has been attending management meetings at Grangemouth yesterday and today............................... I bet he's been having a few sleepless nights of late and would love to strangle Unite!

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for fuel to get back down to the same price as it was before all this stushi too......................... I think I might be in for a long wait seeing as how folks have all been quite happy buying it at crazy high prices without batting an eyelid of late How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #18880 28th Apr 2008 11:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1