« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > askMID
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IanH

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
askMID

Has anybody bothered to check their insurance status on this database?

http://www.askmid.com/

I arrived home to a semi threatening letter last night from askMID ; "Do not ignore this letter. To avoid a penalty you will need to take action immediately...if you take no action you will get a fine.

It appears this national database keeps track as to whether or not we are running around with/without insurance. And even though I am driving around with a 4-month old FL2 it reports me as uninsured (although I have documents to the contrary! Anyway in my case a quick call to LR Insurance and it appears some policies do 'slip through the net! And they assure me they will be updating the system - although it can take 7 days!

Be warned Sad

Post #188502 21st Jun 2013 12:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i had this a few years back, though it was me who checked and rang my insurer up to get it sorted Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #188503 21st Jun 2013 12:48 pm
jon_a5

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Santorini Black

Whats worrying is you have been driving a car showing no insurance and haven't been stopped by the police, makes you wonder how good the ANPR systems they talk about are.

Jon Freelander 2, 2014 Dynamic SD4 Santorini Black

Post #188600 22nd Jun 2013 9:08 am
IanH

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Jon_a5 - I completely agree, the week after I collected the car it was driven up from Hertfordshire to Stirling. I would have thought it would have been picked up on that journey alone, apart from the fact it's spent from March until now running around the Central Belt of Scotland!

Post #188629 22nd Jun 2013 11:58 am
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

It's utter crap on there, my private plate, on the last 3 vehicles it's been on has showed as being on a tractor on the askmid database. After a lot of phone calls to them (not helpful) and even more to admiral (even less helpful) it got sorted.

They basically re-start the cover which solved the problem briefly, although no-one would take responsibility. I do have an email chain stating this which I keep in the car. Ironically a couple of weeks ago, I got stopped by the police asking if the number plate was correct... And I had to educate him that number plates have to have a, err, number in. All checked out ok, but by being a ding he let at least 2 people go past on their phones Rolling Eyes Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #188633 22nd Jun 2013 12:32 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Up to 7 days to be added to the list is pure laziness. Those with a traders policy can add/remove vehicles over t'internet immediately so why cant the insurance companies? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #188704 23rd Jun 2013 7:18 am
ad210358

England 

We renewed our vehicle policy at work with the same insurance company in May, two weeks before it expired and for three days we were showing on AskMid as not insured, we were told that the Boys in Blue use a slightly different system that's why we hadn't been pulled. Confused p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #188713 23rd Jun 2013 9:11 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1