Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > New sticky suggestion for compatible phones and phone issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black
New sticky suggestion for compatible phones and phone issues

I've had a search and couldn't find anything, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a sticky on here, where we could have a list of all the phones which are, or are not compatible with the Freelanders Bluetooth system.
I know the info is available to some extent on LR's site, but it isn't too easy to find and the information isn't always up to date with the latest phones and some phones don't even get a mention. Some phones that are not supposed to be compatible actually work and vice versa.

Feel free to delete, but all this information in one place without having to search multiple posts sounds like a good idea to me and would avoid multiple posts asking questions for one type of phone!

I've not seen one mentioned yet, so I'll start with mine.

Phone: HTC ONE (model M7)
Network: EE 4GEE
Software: Android v. 4.1.2 HTC Sense v. 5.0
Car: MY10 no known updates from new.

Fully compatible: Yes
Issues: None so far. Car connected to phone first time and downloaded phone book easier than any of my previous phones and unlike my previous HTC, this one allows for full interaction with the cars steering wheel buttons including voice activation.

Like I said, feel free to delete, but if you decide to go ahead with the sticky, it would be a good idea to have each phones make and model under a different topic to make it easier to reference. Thumbs Up

Post #181928 27th Apr 2013 1:27 pm
Slaneydore

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

NOKIA LUMIA 820 windows 8 phone works without any issues 2008 HSE Lux, paired up within seconds Thumbs Up BETTER looking half of the famous Twinlanders
The wanna be other half - http://www.freel2.com/forum/member-carriec.html

Last edited by Slaneydore on 27th Apr 2013 5:17 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #181938 27th Apr 2013 3:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
papa smurf

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Iphone 4 with updates works ok with 08 HSE...

only once lost the connection,turned phone off ,turned car off.. phone on, car on sorted... Iain

Post #181941 27th Apr 2013 3:26 pm
taztastic

England 

I'll discuss your thoughts with Nick and see what we can do, the problem is keeping up with the phones and technology.
Over the years there have been software updates etc. so one persons PH100 may work fine in one car but not another, not forgetting that there are now two different systems now in use in the Freelander.

To keep the thread going with hints and solutions is a good idea though.

Here is the link to the Land Rover list, you need the last 6 digits of your VIN entered.

Phone Compatability List

Post #181944 27th Apr 2013 3:57 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Cheers Taz!
Just a suggestion.
Speaking from my personal experience with upgrading phones over the years, there is nothing available like this anywhere, where prior to purchasing or upgrading a phone, you need to know in advance if it is compatible rather than just hope for the best. It's always better to hear from those with first hand experience and as already mentioned, the LR site, as hard as they try to keep up with the times, doesn't always cut it.

Post #181960 27th Apr 2013 5:40 pm
taztastic

England 

I have put the links in the common maintenance issues list, updates to this thread will be good to keep it going.

I had absolutely no problem with iPhone4S
Galaxy SII was rubbish kept dropping the bluetooth connection but call was still connected.

I currently have a Samsung 2121e which is OK but needs manually connecting to bluetooth, probably go back to iPhone when employment starts again.

Post #181981 27th Apr 2013 7:02 pm
EYorkshire

I hope that people will add a little more than the phone name and model, the software and its version is what will determine whether a connection can be made.

HTC Desire S', fully compatible, never disconnects while in range, auto connects, phone book, missed calls, recent calls etc.

Android Version 2.3.5
HTC version 3.0

Post #181994 27th Apr 2013 8:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1