« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 Model XS or HSE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Boolia

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
FL2 Model XS or HSE?

I have been looking at the specs for the XS and HSE models and as far as I can see these are the main differences..... do you know of any more?

No heated seats (but only ever used them 3 times in the RRS?)
Only 1 CD thing but not bothered about that,
There isn’t Dolby surround sound,
No sat nav but we do have TOM TOM (this is an option If I wanted it on the XS),
17” wheels instead of 18”,
No leather seats

Any thoughts?

Thanks! Thumbs Up

Post #18081 16th Apr 2008 4:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: FL2 Model XS or HSE?

Boolia wrote:
I have been looking at the specs for the XS and HSE models and as far as I can see these are the main differences..... do you know of any more?

No heated seats (but only ever used them 3 times in the RRS?)
Only 1 CD thing but not bothered about that,
There isn’t Dolby surround sound,
No sat nav but we do have TOM TOM (this is an option If I wanted it on the XS),
17” wheels instead of 18”,
No leather seats

Any thoughts?

Thanks! Thumbs Up

There is also the SE spec in between which you get the SATNAV, bum warmers and half leather but still has 17" Wheels.

I was tempted on the XS version too when looking. Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18086 16th Apr 2008 5:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

HSE also has

climate control with humidity and pollution sensors
Panoramic sunroof
Memory seats & mirrors (auto tilt in reverse)
Cold Climate Pack (heated front screen & washer jets)

I'm not sure if the XS has the heat front widscreen which is useful Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18088 16th Apr 2008 5:14 pm
Boolia

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Good point! Thumbs Up

Post #18089 16th Apr 2008 5:15 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: FL2 Model XS or HSE?

[quote="npinks"]

Boolia wrote:

There is also the SE spec in between which you get the SATNAV, bum warmers and half leather but still has 17" Wheels.

I was tempted on the XS version too when looking. Thumbs Up

What do you need bum-warmers for in Britain Shocked However a NAV SAT must be a very essential feature Thumbs Up
It is quite the opposite here in the land of the midnight sun - or if you like, the never ending winter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #18091 16th Apr 2008 5:17 pm
Cameo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

In addition to the other items mentioned the XS doesn't have heated screen, heated washers, centre arm rest (front or rear), leather steering wheel or auto-dimming interior rear view mirror. The final omission isn't too much of a problem if you spec privacy glass, however the plastic rimmed steering wheel is pretty Censored for a £26k car. I'm not a sweaty bloke but I do find it hard to grip at times Sad Embarassed

Post #18092 16th Apr 2008 5:26 pm
chris@scears.com

HSE spec seems to change from country to country

Here in the cold (rainy side of Norway) the moon roof and sat nav is extra on the HSE, at least when I bought it last year.

Post #18093 16th Apr 2008 5:37 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi,
got myself an XS with leather pack ( memory seats, front and rear armrests, leather wheel etc ) and the 18" wheel upgrade.I feel the car at the moment covers all bases. I've got sat nav on my Nokia N95 and had a full length panoramic sun roof on my previous car which I hardly used.

Squeezed a 10.2% discount out of the dealer aswell Thumbs Up

In the end i had to ask myself if I needed heated seats , heated screen and Dolby surround and I felt i did not. Each to his/her own though!

NM Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #18096 16th Apr 2008 6:14 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Just looked at brochure that leather pack is £1140 so pretty fair value. I should have memory seats really as Mrs G is tiny and I'm just short of 6ft At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #18098 16th Apr 2008 6:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

you could also look at getting full leather done by a after market company, you won't have the memory seats and associated things but i beleive it is quite a bit cheaper Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18101 16th Apr 2008 7:07 pm
chicken george

Not too fussed about leather just memory seats,I esp like memory seats that work from the key so they start moving as soon as you unlock the door. one key for me, one for Mrs G. At least on the fl2 I can wind the seat back easily before I get in. It wasn't so easy on our A3 esp when it was in the garage so the door couldn't open very wide. The mirrors anrn't a big deal as we adjust these as we drive down the farm lane.
The golf we had a few years back had a clever feature- the passenger side mirror moved as you adjusted the drivers side mirror - this worked very well meaning the passenger mirror rarely needed its own adjustments.
Everytime I buy a car I promise myself the next one will have memory seats but the cost always puts me off at the last minute, and its one of those things that once you have it every car afterwards will have to have it too.

Xenons had them - don't miss them (much). more for regular long distance trips
Auto wipers/lights - good but not crucial
Leather nice - probably choose at least 1/2 leather on all cars from now on
Reverse beeps - yes only need one fender bender to pay for themselves
Built in sat nav - nice but portable is fine for my simple life - I rarely go too far. A built in system would be better value if it accepted SD cards/memory sticks to store your music and speed camera data
Privacy glass - depends which car you buy suits an fl2 imo
Metallic - yes but not crucial with black
Grey paint - never Laughing
Tow bar - never except on my farm pickup Laughing
Hi spec radio/speakers - nice but wouldn't pay lots
Self cleaning paint - come on L/R invent this
18/19" alloys - look cool but ride/tyre cost issues. I keep looking at the 18"hse ones one ebay I may splash out when car needs new tyres. Not 19's though possibly a bit of a harsh ride for the baby in the back?
Armrest - coming tomorrow I tried to live without and failed Thumbs Up
Bluetooth - crucial now but would get a parrot if not standard with car.
Side tubes/steps - got them cheap but they are not crucial at all, wouldn't have paid dealer price for them.
Leather belt on boot lid - simple cheap affective - what more can you say Laughing
Key-less entry/go - You can tell the fl2 is designed for this why else have a start button, why isn't it available yet.
Auto - I nearly ordered this but Mrs G has never driven auto before and was initially intimidated by the size of the fl2 so we didn't want to change to much in one step, so next time when she is already used to the bigger car maybe we will go auto? Ive driven quite a few autos and approve. Thumbs Up
Heated seats - I would be happy if they came standard but wouldn't go looking for them
Heated screen - great idea but my car is garaged so again not crucial At work
At home

Post #18109 16th Apr 2008 8:54 pm
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

does anyone know if you can get the genuine LR front armrests retrofitted? The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #18130 17th Apr 2008 10:03 am
AndyC

chicken george wrote:
Not too fussed about leather just memory seats,I esp like memory seats that work from the key so they start moving as soon as you unlock the door. one key for me, one for Mrs G. At least on the fl2 I can wind the seat back easily before I get in. It wasn't so easy on our A3 esp when it was in the garage so the door couldn't open very wide. The mirrors anrn't a big deal as we adjust these as we drive down the farm lane.
The golf we had a few years back had a clever feature- the passenger side mirror moved as you adjusted the drivers side mirror - this worked very well meaning the passenger mirror rarely needed its own adjustments.
Everytime I buy a car I promise myself the next one will have memory seats but the cost always puts me off at the last minute, and its one of those things that once you have it every car afterwards will have to have it too.

Xenons had them - don't miss them (much). more for regular long distance trips
Auto wipers/lights - good but not crucial
Leather nice - probably choose at least 1/2 leather on all cars from now on
Reverse beeps - yes only need one fender bender to pay for themselves
Built in sat nav - nice but portable is fine for my simple life - I rarely go too far. A built in system would be better value if it accepted SD cards/memory sticks to store your music and speed camera data
Privacy glass - depends which car you buy suits an fl2 imo
Metallic - yes but not crucial with black
Grey paint - never Laughing
Tow bar - never except on my farm pickup Laughing
Hi spec radio/speakers - nice but wouldn't pay lots
Self cleaning paint - come on L/R invent this
18/19" alloys - look cool but ride/tyre cost issues. I keep looking at the 18"hse ones one ebay I may splash out when car needs new tyres. Not 19's though possibly a bit of a harsh ride for the baby in the back?
Armrest - coming tomorrow I tried to live without and failed Thumbs Up
Bluetooth - crucial now but would get a parrot if not standard with car.
Side tubes/steps - got them cheap but they are not crucial at all, wouldn't have paid dealer price for them.
Leather belt on boot lid - simple cheap affective - what more can you say Laughing
Key-less entry/go - You can tell the fl2 is designed for this why else have a start button, why isn't it available yet.
Auto - I nearly ordered this but Mrs G has never driven auto before and was initially intimidated by the size of the fl2 so we didn't want to change to much in one step, so next time when she is already used to the bigger car maybe we will go auto? Ive driven quite a few autos and approve. Thumbs Up
Heated seats - I would be happy if they came standard but wouldn't go looking for them
Heated screen - great idea but my car is garaged so again not crucial

Some of us of course will never agree with CG Whistle
I am lucky to be the proud owner of a HSE with most of the extras (I wanted), and therefore will give my views on the goodies CG comments on:-

Xenons - EXCELLENT BRIGHTER LIGHT & COULD NEVER LIVE WITHOUT THEM
(Adaptive Xenons – PROBABLY VERY GOOD, BUT I HAVEN’T REALLY SEEN THE DIFFERENCE YET)
Auto wipers/lights - VERY GOOD AND WORTH THE EXTRA (I tried without on the last car - silly me)
Leather - WANTED, GOT, BUT MUST SAY I AM A BIT DISAPPOINTED, AS ITS ONLY THE FACINGS THAT ARE LEATHER (NOT EVEN THE SEAT SIDES ARE LEATHER) COME ON LR WHAT ABOUT THE JAGUAR QUALITY???
Reverse beeps - ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY WORTH EVERY PENNY
(Front Beeps – HELPS ME IN THE TIGHT GARAGE SO WORTH GETTING AS WELL)
Built in sat nav - OK, LOOKS SMART, A REAL LUXURY FOR USE HERE IN NORWAY, BUT IN THE UK DEFINABLY NECESSARY - STICK AN OFF THE SHELF TYPE IN THE HOLE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A MICKEY MOUSE ALTERNATIVE TO ME, HOWEVER THE BUILT IN ONES COULD HAVE MORE FUNCTIONS AS ON THE BMW X3.
Privacy glass - WANTED IT, BUT DIDN’T GET IT, STILL WOULD HAVE LIKED IT. DIDN’T GO FOR THE STICK ON FILM STUFF, ALSO A BIT MICKEY MOUSE’ISH
Metallic - LOOKS VERY NICE IN STORNOWAY GREY
Grey paint - BEATS BLACK EVERY TIME - ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON’T LIKE WASHING YOUR FL2 EVERY DAY IT IS USED
Tow bar - NEVER FOR A CARAVAN BUT ESSENTIAL FOR THE THULE BIKE CARRIER - SMART AND SECURE
Hi spec radio/speakers - WORTH EVERY PENNY THE SOUND IS GREAT Thumbs Up
Self cleaning paint - ONLY NECESSARY FOR ALL BLACK COLOURS
18" alloys - THE ONLY ONES TO HAVE, THE 19" AND BIGGER ARE TOO FLAMBOYANT
Armrest - ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY CANT UNDERSTAND THEY MAKE FL2'S WITHOUT THEM
Bluetooth – JEPP, CRUCIAL - HERE WE AGREE CG, BUT NO PARROT THANK YOU VERY MUCH, NOT EVEN IF IT HAS BEAUTIFUL PLUMAGE Laughing
Side tubes/steps - NO NEED FOR MOST PEOPLE EXCEPT DWARFS AND POSERS MAYBE
Leather belt on boot lid - CRAP - GET A BOX TO STAND ON Laughing
Key-less entry/go - THE FL2 IS NOT KEYLESS - ITS GOT A BRICK TO CART AROUND WITH YOU - THE START BUTTON IS GREAT, CAN BELT UP WHILE THE CAR STARTS AT THE SAME TIME FOR A QUICK GETAWAY

Auto - WOULD HAVE LIKED AN AUTO, BUT PREFERRED ALL THE OTHER GOODIES INSTEAD (TOO BL Censored DY EXPENSIVE)
Heated seats - IN NORWAY YOU WOULD PROBABLY DIE WITHOUT THEM
Heated screen - ONE OF THE SMARTEST INVENTIONS FOR NORWEGIAN USE (HELPS DEFROST -20 DEGREES OFF THE FRONT SCREEN = NO MORE SCRAPING)

Well thats my contribution Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #18135 17th Apr 2008 12:25 pm
chicken george

"Leather belt on boot lid - CRAP - GET A BOX TO STAND ON" yes but then you have to put the box in the boot after you use it so then you need a second box to be able to close the lid, then you put the second box in the boot, so needing a third box, before you know it the boot is full of boxes and the boot lid is still open Banging Head

Or Alternatively Mrs G could phone me to come and close the boot ,not always convenient! I wonder if she could phone land rover assist instead ? At work
At home

Post #18137 17th Apr 2008 12:33 pm
AndyC

chicken george wrote:
"Leather belt on boot lid - CRAP - GET A BOX TO STAND ON" yes but then you have to put the box in the boot after you use it so then you need a second box to be able to close the lid, then you put the second box in the boot, so needing a third box, before you know it the boot is full of boxes and the boot lid is still open Banging Head

Or Alternatively Mrs G could phone me to come and close the boot ,not always convenient! I wonder if she could phone land rover assist instead ?

I would have thought that this could be a quality issue for Tata Thumbs Up
Add a key-brick button to operate a boot-opening/closing mechanism on all Land Rovers - very handy for happy shoppers as well as all Mrs. CG's of the world Thumbs Up

ps - not that I am short or a happy shopper myself Whistle - honest Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #18143 17th Apr 2008 12:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>