« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Oil leak on my FL2 HSE TD4 2.2 april 2007
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chris@scears.com

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Oil leak on my FL2 HSE TD4 2.2 april 2007

Started with a funny oil/plastic smell in the car after 10-30 minutes drive. Took the car to the garage, they changed the dynamo... problem still there and the dealer said Oil leak, between block and gear box.... on my FL2 HSE TD4 2.2 only driven 14" km. Taking it in next week for fix and doing the moon roof fix at the same time. Hope this is the last of small probs. Shocked
Any others had same fault?

Post #16266 21st Mar 2008 6:07 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Re: Oil leak on my FL2 HSE TD4 2.2 april 2007

chris@scears.com wrote:
Started with a funny oil/plastic smell in the car after 10-30 minutes drive. Took the car to the garage, they changed the dynamo... problem still there and the dealer said Oil leak, between block and gear box.... on my FL2 HSE TD4 2.2 only driven 14" km. Taking it in next week for fix and doing the moon roof fix at the same time. Hope this is the last of small probs. Shocked

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum and new FL2 owner. Not heard of anyone with a similar oil leak, but maybe one of the other forum members have Question

There are not so many Norwegian members, so its good there is one more to join our camp Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #16267 21st Mar 2008 6:13 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I noticed a small patch of oil on the ground under the engine area where I regularly park (Land Rovers mark their territory!) so it went in to the dealer to be rectified and the report came back that the leak was from the Oil Pan extension. Now sorted and no reoccurence. Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #16459 25th Mar 2008 11:28 am
chris@scears.com

leak

ta!
Hope my pan is rectified too, (with the clips on my moon roof, which works fine, even after a west Norwegian winter). All for new owner of LR too! "TATAR" must be better than old egg (Ford)

Post #16653 27th Mar 2008 7:35 pm
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

In French, "FORD" stands for "Fabrication Ordinaire, Reparation Difficile" (Fabrication: ordinary - Repair: difficult)
Can only get better, right ?

Any ideas what "tata" stands for ?
please post them here:

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1766.html

Post #16654 27th Mar 2008 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
adolfonr

Spain 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello, my freelander 2, coincidentally also from April 2007, it had lost oil, the concessionaire did not give to the problem, probably an error in assembling or manufacturing defect, changed carter, and precarter and continued losing.
So I chose to change the engine completely including automatic gearbox., And refer to the faulty engine manufactures.
In my consecionario have behaved very well, have tried everything possible and have struggled to request a new engine.

May be a mistake in the chain of production. freelander 2 HSE auto.

Post #17952 14th Apr 2008 10:11 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Censored the new engine i would be wanting a new car Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17953 14th Apr 2008 10:14 pm
adolfonr

Spain 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

An engine for a new car, brought from another dealer, just to disassemble the engine, I reported every step, and be watching a few hours as working places.
As at that time there was complete engines available, brought a car full.
Not to dismantle most parts, changed the entire package of engine and gearbox.
Meanwhile I left a courtesy vehicle, so that is why I say that I was treated very well. I can not complain.
Forgiveness by the language, but use a translator online. freelander 2 HSE auto.

Post #17954 14th Apr 2008 10:25 pm
garethh

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

chris@scears.com wrote:

My FL2 TD4 SE has had multiple oil leaks "fixed", including the rear main seal which I think is the one you're referring to. At the moment it's only potentially leaking from somewhere else (diff?) so I get to drive it for a while...

I have had a persistent hot oil smell coming into the car after hard driving which the dealer has never been able to resolve. Thankfully it seems to have got better in recent weeks, indicating that perhaps it was just burn-off from one of the earlier leaks.

Cheers,
Gareth

Post #18901 29th Apr 2008 1:13 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

chris@scears.com wrote:

You got it wrong.
See below the real reason:

Landrovers don’t leak oil, they are marking their territory.
>>>>>>>

[color=blue]If you are going to put a Land Rover picture up on the the wall - don’t forget to lay some old sheets down to catch the oil drips.[/color] FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #18980 30th Apr 2008 12:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1