Home > Technical > Dicky fuel gauge?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Dicky fuel gauge?

Hi all,
The Mrs ran our FL down to almost empty yesterday. When I took it out, the needle didn't move and the range stuck at 0. Nervously I ignored this and carried on, only for the needle to lift to 1/8th or so 10 mins later and the range to creep up to 25 miles. I took it out to fill it up a hour later and it did the same thing again. It's now full and behaving normally again and just in case anything is sticking I've filled up with BP ultimate (ouch Big Cry ) to give it a clean up - probably worth doing anyway every now and again.

Any ideas, known issues etc ? 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #17386 8th Apr 2008 11:58 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Mine just had the fuel system looked at due to the same reason, 3/4 tank showed empty for 10 minutes and then slowly raised to normal.

Said they had reset the fuel modulator Question side of the car

Maybe signs of a dodgey batch of fuel thingys that only last a year or so Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17391 8th Apr 2008 1:02 pm
jules1967

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get any worse we'll have it sorted at the next service (Jan09 rougly). 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #17406 8th Apr 2008 2:25 pm
GSauto07

United Kingdom 
fuel gauge

Mine does it as well. I carry my camera with me so that I can film the offending needle!

Post #17415 8th Apr 2008 5:20 pm
mork

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Mine has been in three times now to get sorted - They tried to replace the sender unit last time now the gauge only reads 1/2 when full. Getting very p***sed with the dealer and Landrover as its a fundamental part of the user interface to allow the driver to drive with confidence Exclamation . Last time it was in for a two full days. They say its another faulty sender unit so who knows? They changed the unit and I still have an issue so it going in again once they get some new parts?

see my post
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1476.html?highlight=mork

when it first happened. Looks like a pretty serious issue if it takes this long to sort out. Twisted Evil Big Cry

Post #17430 8th Apr 2008 8:49 pm
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

Ours had similar issues, it turned out to be a float that had become dislodged and ended up on the wrong side of the tank.

Here's the complete thread:
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic851.html?highlight=gauge Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #17665 11th Apr 2008 3:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jules1967

Thanks for the feedback guys - forewarned is forearmed and all that. I'll have a chat with the service guys. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #17680 11th Apr 2008 9:53 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1