Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > My New Freelander 2 arrives....(in my dreams!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
My New Freelander 2 arrives....(in my dreams!)

Its the day I have been looking forward to for the last 3 months and today was the day my new Freelander 2 would arrive. Being purchased through a contract hire company the vehicle was being delivered by a dealership 'somewhere' to my house today. Very Happy

I booked the day off work (although I had brought some work home to do) and eagerily awaited its arrival. No sign of it by 1pm so I rang the contact hire company who rang the dealer who confirmed it owuld arrive by 5pm. Smile

Guess what?? I get a phone call from the dealership at 4.45pm to say they are not going to be able to get it to me today! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry They said they can deliver it to me anytime tomorrow so I told them I want it at my house for 8am - which they have agreed to do. Im far from happy but fortunately for the poor guy who rang me to give me the bad news I wasnt up for an arguement! Perhaps I will find out more in the morning but what a great start to my Landrover ownership!!! Censored

I suppose it would be worse, my last contract hire car, a BMW, got written on the journey from the dealership to my house - but hey theres still time for that to happen - courtesy of Landrover!!

Post #17306 7th Apr 2008 4:43 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

rotten luck, I hate waiting for deliveries, phone calls new cars etc. My landrover arrived a few hours early so I didnt get chance to try and syphon some diesel out of my trade in Audi after Mrs G filled the tank 3 days before the swap day Confused Is it possible to syphon from a modern car? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17313 7th Apr 2008 5:26 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i don't think you can syphon a modern day fuel tank, but obviously there are ways round it, but i don't know them Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17328 7th Apr 2008 7:52 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
i don't think you can syphon a modern day fuel tank, but obviously there are ways round it, but i don't know them Sad

I was going to undo a hose under the bonnet and let the fuel pump fill a drum or two for me, but the engine was shrouded in plastic and I had better things to do. I was tempted to go on a long pointless drive rather than give away free fuel! At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17334 7th Apr 2008 8:32 pm
shilen

7.50am and my Freelander 2 arrives 'on the back of a lorry!'. Driver apologised for not delivering yesterday but this was due to him travelling for 3 hours to deliver a car which when he got there was no wrong one!!! So he had to drive 3 hours back and 3 hours back there with the right one! Very Happy

Anyway the sun was shining and the Rimini Red looked absolutely gorgeous, especially with the bodykit on and the beige interior matches it beautifully! With missing work yesterday and playing catch up today I havent had too much chance to drive it but have spent a hour or so this evening on mainly urban routes and achieved a respectible 29mpg. The drive is fantastic and am really pleased with it. Very Happy

I will try and post some photos in the next few days Very Happy

Post #17433 8th Apr 2008 9:15 pm
jimbob4755

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

shilen wrote:
7.50am and my Freelander 2 arrives 'on the back of a lorry!'. Driver apologised for not delivering yesterday but this was due to him travelling for 3 hours to deliver a car which when he got there was no wrong one!!! So he had to drive 3 hours back and 3 hours back there with the right one! Very Happy

Anyway the sun was shining and the Rimini Red looked absolutely gorgeous, especially with the bodykit on and the beige interior matches it beautifully! With missing work yesterday and playing catch up today I havent had too much chance to drive it but have spent a hour or so this evening on mainly urban routes and achieved a respectible 29mpg. The drive is fantastic and am really pleased with it. Very Happy

Sounds nice, look forward to piccies, but as we all say, the best colour is black, anyway at least it isn't stormyday grey! Laughing Freelander 2 - SE
Sumatra Black - TD4 -4X4 Jack Russel in boot.

Post #17467 9th Apr 2008 12:38 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

shilen wrote:

Glad you got it at the second attempt, hope your ownership experience continues on a more positive note.

Post #17477 9th Apr 2008 1:30 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

rimmi red and bodykit Cool

Pictures Please Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17517 9th Apr 2008 7:33 pm
shilen

npinks wrote:
rimmi red and bodykit Cool

Pictures Please Thumbs Up

I will take some photos over the weekend if the sun comes out, its certainly a combination that has turned many heads already!!

Post #17536 9th Apr 2008 9:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1