« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Fuel Consumption and other bits and pieces
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Fuel Consumption and other bits and pieces

I am on my second day of Freelander ownership and have a couple of things to ask time served owners so here i go

1) Done a 75 mile trip today, about 25 mile urban and 50 mile on motorways, all to speed limits and returned 32.5mpg - is that good?

2) I filled up yesterday almost to the brim but the onboard computer only gave me a range of 250 miles? I have now done about 140 miles and the range is now on 242. Any ideas?

3) Where is the best place to store the locking wheel nut key?

4) Are the 'pockets' at the front of the front seats actually pockets or are they there for another purpose?

5) Are they any decent storage areas in the car for nik-naks?

6) On the Satnav, is there a way of getting the annoying woman to give directions just once rather than repeating herself about 3 times 500 yards from a junction? Im not a woman driver I only need telling once!

Post #17503 9th Apr 2008 5:14 pm
muddywheels

England 
Re: Fuel Consumption and other bits and pieces

shilen wrote:
I am on my second day of Freelander ownership and have a couple of things to ask time served owners so here i go

1) Done a 75 mile trip today, about 25 mile urban and 50 mile on motorways, all to speed limits and returned 32.5mpg - is that good?

2) I filled up yesterday almost to the brim but the onboard computer only gave me a range of 250 miles? I have now done about 140 miles and the range is now on 242. Any ideas?

3) Where is the best place to store the locking wheel nut key?

4) Are the 'pockets' at the front of the front seats actually pockets or are they there for another purpose?

5) Are they any decent storage areas in the car for nik-naks?

6) On the Satnav, is there a way of getting the annoying woman to give directions just once rather than repeating herself about 3 times 500 yards from a junction? Im not a woman driver I only need telling once!

Welcome Very Happy

I have had mine 6 months but Man not Auto.

1. I get 34 average and last trip with roofbox and car fully loaded got 37 Mpg

2. Filled up range shows around 490 miles so yours seems low but may change with more average mpg data.

3. I keep locking wheel key in boot under floor with wheel - when I picked car up was in little hoder in glove box (l/h side)

4. No pockets on mine? I will check again.

5. I use space with spare wheel for emergency bits - bulbs, rope, blanket, leads, etc. Glove box handy and little trays each side of boot and cubby on mine as no sat nav for bluetooth and phone. Cubby behind handbrake good but would prefer cover.

6. Not got sat nav built in so not sure - have same problem with portable sat nav - drives me mad so turn it down then miss next direction ..... AAAHHH Evil or Very Mad

Hope this helps ......... enjoy Thumbs Up

Post #17509 9th Apr 2008 7:05 pm
BeebOm

Belgium 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Rimini Red

As another newbie (4 days ownership) I am able to give you answers on some questions:
1. & 2. Forget to get to conclusions on the mpg and range when you have a new car. When I got my FL2 it showed 9 mpg and a range of about 180 miles! Now the more I drive, the higher the range becomes (and the mpg dramatically changed to 32.8 mpg). I suppose it is better to wait until you have filled it again and have the trip reset.
4. The pockets at the front of the front seats (leather option) are for maps - or you can put your hands in it if the pockets of your trousers are full. Mr. Green

Post #17514 9th Apr 2008 7:27 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Fuel Consumption and other bits and pieces

1) Done a 75 mile trip today, about 25 mile urban and 50 mile on motorways, all to speed limits and returned 32.5mpg - is that good? Sound fine to me Thumbs Up

2) I filled up yesterday almost to the brim but the onboard computer only gave me a range of 250 miles? I have now done about 140 miles and the range is now on 242. Any ideas? Did you reset the computer (long hold of left stick button?

3) Where is the best place to store the locking wheel nut key? In the boot, right hand tray, lifts up and little storage slot underneath Thumbs Up

4) Are the 'pockets' at the front of the front seats actually pockets or are they there for another purpose? HSE has map pockets

5) Are they any decent storage areas in the car for nik-naks? which flavour nik-naks Rolling with laughter

6) On the Satnav, is there a way of getting the annoying woman to give directions just once rather than repeating herself about 3 times 500 yards from a junction? Im not a woman driver I only need telling once! by turning of the voice guidence, or telling the wife to shut-it i'm driving Exclamation  Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17525 9th Apr 2008 8:10 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Last 900 miles mostly driving back from Switzerland through France on backroads and some autoroute I'm averaging 35.7 mpg.

Now done 8000 miles and seem to be getting around 34 - 35 mpg most of the time.

Post #17534 9th Apr 2008 9:35 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

rchrdleigh wrote:
Last 900 miles mostly driving back from Switzerland through France on backroads and some autoroute I'm averaging 35.7 mpg.

Now done 8000 miles and seem to be getting around 34 - 35 mpg most of the time.

where are the pics of the fl2 in the alps? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #17535 9th Apr 2008 9:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1