« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stratsone landrover Wolverhampton Avoid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
realspeed

United Kingdom 
Stratsone landrover Wolverhampton Avoid

I had already booked my freelander in the above for its end of warranty 3 year service and MOT on the 14 march 2013 and just cancelled it through bad customer relationship.

My wife unfortunately had a clash of wing mirrors with another car causing the glass to break. having previously had my car services by the above garage my first thoughts were give them a ring to see if they could help. Could they help? could they hell, told in no uncertain terms that they had no one available and I would have to drive around for 14 days without a wing mirror. All I asked if a mechanic could just pop out and have a look and let me know what was wanted, Stratstones of Wolverhampton said no they had no one spare for even a 5 minute or less look /see.
I got the impression of couldn't care less and don't bother us you already have the car booked in so sod off.

So rang Landrover Stafford and what a different reaction, fantastic to say the least. One my first phone call to them it was bring the car up and we will take a look. So drove up there a mechanic looked said needed a new glass only, went to find not one in stock but would have it in by this morning.

Rang this morning and yes they had it in,bring the car up and they would replace the item with new glass, which they did with the kind of service that goes far beyond what one normally gets. It was even on their busiest day of the year with owners collecting their new cars with the 13 reg.

So I cancelled the service booked with Stratstones and booked it with Landrover Stafford instead, not only that it was cheaper and offered a 2 year fixed price service which I accepted

Realspeed

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Moved to Dealership Feedback
 Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #173668 1st Mar 2013 2:21 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

quite right, did you buy the car from Stratstone ?

I had a similar problem with my dealer Shields in Glasgow, and susequently I've had all my services done at other dealers since then. ( that was the third Landrover I bought from Shields as well )

When the time comes to change they've also lost a sale !!

Iain

Post #173672 1st Mar 2013 3:01 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

I got the car from another Stratsone dealer in Solihull but too far to get it serviced there. have to say they had so many Land Rovers at Stafford there I am sure they could give out some free samples

Realspeed Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #173675 1st Mar 2013 3:08 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I phoned a Stratstone dealership in Woodford this week for a price for numberplates and mudflaps for my FL2. They wanted £60 + vat to supply and fit numberplates (they wouldn't just sell me the plates to fit myself). They couldn't give me a price for mudflaps and promised to phone back in 10 minutes but never did. I got the impression they didn't want my money. They also wanted £84+ vat to programe a new remote fob that I had bought. I got that done for £30 at an independent (Essex 4X4 in Wickford). I travelled slightly further to get my plates, mudfaps and service items from a main dealer and got very good service from Lookers Landrover in Chelmsford - they were happy to take my money! Based on that experience, I don't think I'll ever waste my time contacting Stratstone in ever again. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #173690 1st Mar 2013 6:35 pm
Jimski

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I've had very very positive experiences with Stratstones Stafford and Hanley. Really is awesome service and just good old fashioned customer service!

Got my Black Edition from the Hanley one, very down to earth people and basically brilliant! 2013 FL2 - Black Edition Auto
2013 FL2 - Black Edition Manual GONE!
Founder of the 'Microscopic LR Spoiler Badge Club'
Destroyer of chrome rears.....

Post #173695 1st Mar 2013 7:19 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

I think Stratstones are such a big company that those at the top have taken their eye off basic customer requirements.

What it needs in an under cover boss , as seen on TV, to really see what goes on behind the scenes. Accepted you can't please everyone all the time but customer care should be first and foremost.
I run my own company and I get such a lot of new clients purely because I have found the first few moments on the phone makes all the difference between new business and lost business. This is not just me saying so but from new clients as well saying the same thing.

In today's financial climate one just can't afford to loose customers/clients, if is given out that couldn't care attitude on the phone not only does one loose that client but maybe many more as well.

Post #173701 1st Mar 2013 8:17 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I hope when you rang Stratstone you told them why you cancelled. I would have had great pleasure in doing that! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #173722 1st Mar 2013 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Yes I did tell them why although my guess it was in one ear and out the other, but the lady on the other end did say she would make a note of it..

Post #173735 1st Mar 2013 11:23 pm
s14tra

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

first time post so hello to everyone Very Happy .i have booked my freelander 2 gs to be serviced at wolverhampton hope i dont get the same scenario,will post the out come when completed,service cost is £352 is this reasonable?thanks for any replies.

Post #175143 12th Mar 2013 8:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1